Sony W100 or Canon IXUS 850

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuky8181

Jan 16, 2007
Ar....cant decide which to get. W100 or IXUS 850. Saw the spec in DPreview but really have no idea what it mean.

Ignoring the different in mega pixel, could someone kindly advise me on which camera to get?

Also, what so different between W100 and W70 that make the price so diff?:D

only limited to these 2 models? Given me the only choices available, I wun take either.

I'll go for the Fuji F31FD.

Would you like to share what is it about these 2 models that caught your eye?

F31D. or if you're bent on choosing between the two, get the ixus 850

Wanted the IXUS 850 because alot of people is saying that it is good. But then again, there is no batt indication.

For the W100, my friend is using the W series and it seem rather good and I also kind of like the look of it.

As for other brand, I didnt really go check it out and I really know little about camera. :D

I would avoid the Fuji F31FD. Absolute horrible chromatic aberration!

I would go with the W100. Very fast AF, good, high-sensitivity CCD. In low-light conditions, the W100 takes much better pics than the Canon 850 from my testing.

The W100 is fast, has good battery life, a good lens and a good sensor. Go for it.

Did some comparison on dpreview.

May I know what is the sensor size about?

I also tried finding something on the F31FD. Hm. design wise not really my type ;)

Sensor size is usually linked with noise

Smaller sensor = more noise at higher ISO settings

Go read up! =D

haha..... ok ok thanks.

Hm..... now left find a shop that give good deal. :D

bargain city gives good packages, but only go there if you're sure you want everything they throw in

cathay photo
alan photo
ms colour
use google singapore, =D ask for e-quote, the usual operation procedure

I might not be getting from these shop. One shop in china town, think ppl park complex, offer me 590 for the W100 and 600 for the 850. AP, MCcolor dun seem to offer such good deal :(

I might not be getting from these shop. One shop in china town, think ppl park complex, offer me 590 for the W100 and 600 for the 850. AP, MCcolor dun seem to offer such good deal :(
get from them at your own risk. some shop will try to cheat you on accessories after that.

Think I be getting the W100 partly because I like the look and it have the batt indicator.

In office now. Cant see the video. Just called AP. They dun have stock for the W100. :(

Anyone know if there is any promotion for the W100? :D

Think I be getting the W100 partly because I like the look and it have the batt indicator.

In office now. Cant see the video. Just called AP. They dun have stock for the W100. :(

nope.. i don't believe in Sony photo products :devil:

the fuji F31 or the canon IS 850 are the 2 best small digicams in the market now... i would give the sony a miss.

if you don mind a W50 or W70, you might want to go MS color... iirc one of the model going at 499 (can't remember :sweat: )

yah. the W70 is going at 499. It is actually the promotion by Sony for CNY

haha.....bought exilim Z700 in the end

i'll go for IXUS 800 instead, thus far one of the best compacts i've seen and own.

Status
Not open for further replies.