Sony v Nikon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question
Should I ditch my Sony A200 for Nikon D300?

Comments please, thanks.

Why don't you ditch it for the Canon 5D MKII?

Or a D3x? :confused:

This should be in Kopitam.

What makes you ask this question? What are the reason? We can't help you if you just give us such a question...

why do you want to ditch the sony? some features you don't like or some features on the d300 you like?

Looking for an upgrade?

A200 is an entry level cam while D300 is a semi-pro model. Of course it's worth to upgrade. But why jump ship from Sony to Nikon is another question since Sony offers A700 and A900?

LOL :bsmilie:

suddenly got an urge to switch system...
but was unsure whether is it worth or should go for the switch :cry:

If switch to D3x/D3/5DMKII, of course worth it! :)

Try A900. ;p Save your lenses.

Worth or not you will have to answer for yourself.

Each system has their pros & cons, there is no one system which is able to satisfy all your needs. Do weigh the advantages from the 2 cams & decide for yourself. You may also want to rent a D300 and give it a test run to see if you like it.

Unless there is a real reason for you to get D300, maybe because of the features that you need. Then it will justify a switch.

If you're comfortable with A200, then why switch? Don't be easily tempted.

But if you really want to ditch your A200, it is as easy as dumping into the dustbin.:bsmilie:

Comparing the A200 to a D300 is a bit odd. The A200 is an entry level model, like the D40, D40X and D60. The D300 is miles different!! Then again, so is the A700. I suggest you give the A700 a try too, it's a massive step up from the A200, uses the same sensor as the D300 and is a lot cheaper.

Oh man.. people want to change then let him change please. Why even tell him what to do ? :bsmilie: I say lets buy one good body from all the brands, then problem solved ;p

Probably while you are answering this question and while I'm answering this question, he is wiping the butt of his D300 clean now. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.