Sony RX10 IV L-plate

cloversg

May 17, 2013
Singapore
I've just switched from the A6000 to the RX10 and have tried to duplicate my system on this one-piece all-round camera.
As such, one of the first items I've purchased is the L-plate which was sooooo useful on the A6000.

I would like to warn fellow owners of the RX10 that the L-plate from Aliexpress is so very perfect that it fits the body exactly! So exact that you cannot open the battery covers fully to change batteries or the SD card. The side covers open with a little force, but I don't advise it. Also the L-plate comes with a tripod mount screw that requires a hex-key to open. Otherwise it is an excellent product.

What next? I need to strip it and work it with a file, however, that spoils the anodizing.

I have attached pictures to show what I mean. Just be warned.

lplate01.jpglplate02.jpglplate04.jpg

Perhaps you could leave a review at seller's ad to highlight this issue so the manufacturer can take corrective action. Aliexpress will prompt you to leave a review. If L plate was originally designed for a6000 then it is a different matter but it would benefit the manufacturer as it can be used on RX10 also.