SONY lens hood (LSF-58A) and B+W filter on 7x7

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweat100

Jul 7, 2002
Singapore
sweat100.multiply.com
I am jus wondering how u people attatch the 2 things together, For me, it is not possible for me to attatch the filter first and then add the ring (from the lens hood) because the ring wont get secured. The ring keeps turning and u can never put the lens hood on. Is it the same case for u people?
Did u people put on the ring first then add the filter at the front? Will the image quality come out worse as the filter is further away form the lens? It is always very annoying that the lens cap keep scarching against the filter when u put on the lens cap with the lens hood in the correct position. The B+W filter of mine looks heavily scartched at the edges. :(

hehe look at my sig... its the setup u have as well.
btw i put the ring for the lens hood 1st den screw on the filter den put on the lens hood.

its worst that i have the leather case so have to carry the lens hood separately.

oh ya... if u screw in the filter den the ring for the lens hood, when u remove the ring, the filter will also come out as the ring will make itself secured to the body den the filter.

Yup you have to put on the lens hood first, then the filter.. which doesn't stay there anyway (the holder for the lens hood i mean) because I can never get it to be tight enough. Wonder how I'm going to take it out when I attach stuff like TC or WA lens to it. That's one small gripe about the lens hood.. other than that everything's fine. Haven't noticed any negative effects from placing the filter further away, as flare shouldn't be a problem anymore (that's what the hood is for, right?). The pix in my post (Plane vs Photographer/Pilot) was shot using the lens hood + B+W filter on top of it in broad daylight.

mine overscrewed... very tightly secured. now very hard to remove the lens hood ring. cos i read the manual & there is a way to screw in tight.

Originally posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt

its worst that i have the leather case so have to carry the lens hood separately.

I use a filter + lens hood and leather case too, just fit on the lens hood ring, then the filter and reverse the lens hood and lock it in with a twist, similar to how you mount it on. (Shown on the back of the lens hood package you bought it) Then finally put on the lens cap.

The entire camera with lens hood attached will now go into the leather case perfectly.

Remember to put on the lens cap last!
I have a hard time trying to reverse the lens hood and it just would not lock down, until I realised the lens cap was blocking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.