Sony HDR-XR520E - Recommend a tripod for this Videocamera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydney2K

May 22, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Looking for a lighter tripod to use on travels with the Sony HDR-XR520E. Currently have the Libec TH-650DV but this is too heavy for travels.

Anyone can recommend a lighter tripod.

Thanks.

Sony Tripod VCT-80AV@$200

Thanks. Was also thinking of the Manfrotto 785B MODO Maxi Tripod. Anyone have any experience with this tripod.

Buy a reasonably good fluid head from manfrotto or gitzo, then attach it to the Cullman Video Magic 2 flat-fold tripod legs. You will have the most compact (but still useable) tripod in the world. If you don't need to pan or tilt just go with the crappy head that comes with the Cullman.

Looking for a lighter tripod to use on travels with the Sony HDR-XR520E. Currently have the Libec TH-650DV but this is too heavy for travels.

Thanks.
what are you looking for in the tripod?

The camcorder is not that heavy at all. Any travel tripod will work. Its just that depends where you want to go and if you need a good head for panning.

If you are going into the wilderness, need something more sturdier.

brother, can you tell me how is your sony camcorder? Is it really good in the night recording? I am thinking to buy sony but feel it is too ex, but heard very good review. can i know where did you buy and how much? what do you think of canon HSF10/HSF100 and Panansonic TM 300?

brother, can you tell me how is your sony camcorder? Is it really good in the night recording? I am thinking to buy sony but feel it is too ex, but heard very good review. can i know where did you buy and how much? what do you think of canon HSF10/HSF100 and Panansonic TM 300?

XR500e is $2090, good for dim light

where did you get it from? is this Flash memory? Thanks Bro.

I own one Sony xr500, same spec as 520 except hdd is different size (120GB vs 240G)

Dim light - Good, better than CANON i think, has night shot (for fun)

Optical Stablizer - extremely good. you can walk and shoot, footage is usable (i downloaded a CANON footage captured by HSF100, optical stabilizer is nowhere close to SONY), CANON footage is shaking (compared with XR500 same scene same camera man).

lot of review saying that CANON color is a bit better than SONY, but brother i tell you, if you handheld your camera and shooting while walking, good OPTICAL STABILIZER is much much more important than color (and color also subjective), shaking footage is useless.

useless footage is useless.

I own one Sony xr500, same spec as 520 except hdd is different size (120GB vs 240G)

Dim light - Good, better than CANON i think, has night shot (for fun)

Optical Stablizer - extremely good. you can walk and shoot, footage is usable (i downloaded a CANON footage captured by HSF100, optical stabilizer is nowhere close to SONY), CANON footage is shaking (compared with XR500 same scene same camera man).

lot of review saying that CANON color is a bit better than SONY, but brother i tell you, if you handheld your camera and shooting while walking, good OPTICAL STABILIZER is much much more important than color (and color also subjective), shaking footage is useless.

useless footage is useless.

I own a XR500. Did not compare the camera shake between the brands but My preference is Sony's colour. I feel that the colours are more natural. But of course, it is m opinion only..:bsmilie:

Thanks.

I think the head is more important factor than a sturdier tripod for XR520. As it is light, a light tripod with a fluid head, for panning and tilting, is better than a heavy and stable tripod.

:)However, currently I am not a tripod user for video camera as I take only home videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.