Sony FA-HS1AM Hot shoe adapter

Riebuz

Jan 24, 2012
Far North
Hi, try to search for more info on this product but dont understand what it mean. Was looking for a adapter to mount on my NEX7 to do wireless flash with my 58AM. Can i mount this adapter on my NEX7 then mount a F20AM on top of it, then do a wireless flash with my F58AM together? thk

Hi, try to search for more info on this product but dont understand what it mean. Was looking for a adapter to mount on my NEX7 to do wireless flash with my 58AM. Can i mount this adapter on my NEX7 then mount a F20AM on top of it, then do a wireless flash with my F58AM together? thk

FA-HS1AM : Flash Accessories : SLT & DSLR Accessories : Sony Singapore

What this product is supposed to do is to allow you to use Canon and Nikon Hotshoe Mount flashes and wireless radio triggers to be mounted onto the old Alpha/Minolta Hotshoe mount. it's basically an adaptor.

This was actually released because back then, there was almost close to zero triggers made for the Minolta hotshoe mount. but now, since many 3rd party accessory manufacturers include the Sony/Minolta hotshoe mount in their products, the need for that has been reduced. also, it allows you to achieve TTL on 3rd party accessories, which is not possible with those cheaper adaptors.

however, to mount the F20AM and the F58AM, you don't need the adaptor. because your NEX-7 already has the Sony/Minolta hotshoe on the top. it doesn't use the "Smart Accessory Terminal 2" that the NEX-3 and NEX-5 series are using.

I had try using the WL function. But seen it dont work. Maybe is my setting wrong. Thk

I had try using the WL function. But seen it dont work. Maybe is my setting wrong. Thk

i think you need to use a wireless trigger. as shown in some videos where they used it along with radio triggers for triggering the strobes.

but to check if your NEX-7 is able to trigger wirelessly with the HVL-F20AM, bring it down to Sony Store at Wisma Atria. i think they're the only one with the whole range of accessories.

Thk a lot on ur info. Thk

[video=youtube;HnFSkGBe4QA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnFSkGBe4QA[/video]

how it'd look like