Sony F1000 flash


Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rubberDuck

Guest
Anyone knows how much the sony f1000 flash would roughly cost? And How many flash photos can u take on a 707 with 4 1600 mah niMH batts. Thanks
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,265
0
36
41
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
Originally posted by rubberDuck
Anyone knows how much the sony f1000 flash would roughly cost? And How many flash photos can u take on a 707 with 4 1600 mah niMH batts. Thanks
I think only a few of the F707 user uses external flash...best is to ask Willy liao...
 

willyfoo

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,048
0
0
45
North
willyfoo.com
Errr... can't recall the exact price but it was around $150.

A set of 1600mah NiMH can last very long... so far for all my shoots, I have never needed to change battery for the F1000 except a wedding shoot. (By the way, my normal shoots would expend both my FM50 battery, or about 500+ shots so you can gauge how long is that)
 

Daniel

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
167
0
0
Singapore
Originally posted by willyfoo
Errr... can't recall the exact price but it was around $150.

A set of 1600mah NiMH can last very long... so far for all my shoots, I have never needed to change battery for the F1000 except a wedding shoot. (By the way, my normal shoots would expend both my FM50 battery, or about 500+ shots so you can gauge how long is that)
I remember you bought it at $170 (discount from $200), it's the same rate of discount used for 707, $1700 down from MRP $1999
 

R

rubberDuck

Guest
Recently i went to CP and they quoted me 160 or 155 i think.... but then as i was negotiating a price, someone came and bought it for 170....... and that was the last one :(

Thanks for the quick reply though hee.... For me i find the built in flash too weak for bounced flash (by putting a card at an angle in front of the flash) & the image would end up on the orangy side. thats why i'm considering it.
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,937
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
yup, external flash would definitely help a lot. I got one too cos my internal flash was weak and takes too long to charge and recharge.

just wondering how accurate the "exposure" for the flash works.... a colleague mentioned that she needs to tilt the flash in order to achieve the right exposure.
 

willyfoo

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,048
0
0
45
North
willyfoo.com
Originally posted by mpenza
yup, external flash would definitely help a lot. I got one too cos my internal flash was weak and takes too long to charge and recharge.

just wondering how accurate the "exposure" for the flash works.... a colleague mentioned that she needs to tilt the flash in order to achieve the right exposure.
The F1000 does not do TTL... and that's the major gripe I have with the 707... you have to do a lot of experimenting to know how to handle the flash well... I make my own bounce flash... now version 3.5 already... :)
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,265
0
36
41
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
Originally posted by mpenza
how about just getting an auto flash with slave trigger?
but the flash will flash twice...first is for metering...so external flash will trigger during the metering instead
 

Daniel

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
167
0
0
Singapore
I heard some shops in Sim Lim Tower will build a PCB from schematics for a fee.
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,265
0
36
41
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
someone in taiwan already done it...he can squeeze all the component inside this flash slave unit!

here is a pic he send me.



anyone interested?
 

ckiang

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
6,405
0
36
47
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
The circuit looks simple enough for any electronics hobbyist to build, but you will need a way to program the PIC 16F877. And of coz, a source for the PIC chip. Otherwise, given the components, I can build the circuit. :)

Regards
CK
 

Status
Not open for further replies.