Sony DSLR quality?

SAMUELS

Nov 10, 2010
I personally own a Nikon D5000 dslr, and I love the weight and precise construction. Chose nikon over Canon simply because it feels alot better.

However recently ive tried some of the Sony DSLRs and found that the build quality is really bad. Not to offend any Sony dslr users, im just asking why the Sony DSLRs feel so different from Nikon and Canon? It feels really plasticy.

Does that mean its inferior? But actually i think my camera sensor is from Sony too ;)

Sony DSLR the grip is too smal for me.. especially A55.. that's great camera but with really not solid build

I personally own a Nikon D5000 dslr, and I love the weight and precise construction. Chose nikon over Canon simply because it feels alot better.

However recently ive tried some of the Sony DSLRs and found that the build quality is really bad. Not to offend any Sony dslr users, im just asking why the Sony DSLRs feel so different from Nikon and Canon? It feels really plasticy.

Does that mean its inferior? But actually i think my camera sensor is from Sony too ;)

if you think Sony if good then buy Sony.
If you think Canon is good then buy Canon.
If you seek opinions you won't have a true to fact conclusion.

if you think Sony if good then buy Sony.
If you think Canon is good then buy Canon.
If you seek opinions you won't have a true to fact conclusion.

I agreed wholeheartedly.

All the latest DSLR are of good built and of good image.

I have a Canon and Sony and one each film camera Nikon and Pentex. Both Nikon and Pentex are like tank if you wish to compare to current DSLR.

Odd, I had the same impression when I picked up a D3000 and a 1000D. To me, all entry-level DSLR cameras feel plasticky.

That being said, they are more rugged than they appear and will survive in many places you will not (and other brand's cameras have failed).

You wouldn't happen to be Samuel from John 3:16 would you? ;)

Odd, I had the same impression when I picked up a D3000 and a 1000D. To me, all entry-level DSLR cameras feel plasticky.

That being said, they are more rugged than they appear and will survive in many places you will not (and other brand's cameras have failed).

You wouldn't happen to be Samuel from John 3:16 would you? ;)

no i dont even go to John 3:16 im a cathay photo fan haha

d5000 also plastic.....

no big deal

want better build get mid-range lor

http://forum.digitalcamerareview.com/what-camera-should-i-buy/15930-canon-t2i-550d-nikon-d5000.html

Yes. Type into google.com "D5000 review" and then "D5000 problems". Do same for the other one.

Most every honest review you read tells you how much cheaper D5000 build is compared to D90. It's both flimsier and includes less rubber grips. It wasn't made for professional, instead it was made for an entry level amateur. Think in terms of camera's longevity!

Now, I'm not a pro at all. But if I'm going to buy into this new DSLR photography fad, I want something that will last me, hopefully, a life time. If I'm going to spend a $1000 on a camera, I want it to last! This means I'm getting what pros have, D90 minimum for Nikon. Know why? Because fads don't last long. Build quality of D5000 shows it.

Finally, go touch them in a shop. Touch D90 and D5000. The difference is obvious!. You don't even have to touch it, you can see difference in build quality from a few feet away, as you looking at them in display case. D90 looks like a different camera. Sure D5000 has a flip out display; here is my advice compare its flip out display to one from an Olympus.

looks like someone disagrees with you!