Sony DSC-W1 - Some Night Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow...looks pretty to me...

may i just ask why u choose this camera over canon A series?
I looking for a camera now, so need alot of research and guidance.

:eek: is this taken from Towner Road Block 107?
I took a similar shot of this view :p

haha yes its at Blk 107 Towner Rd .... great view !!!

Thanks for all the comments ....

Hmm ok, actually to me Canon pictures will look better to me if the pictures are blown up to full size but I will most likely not do this ... :)

This camera is compact, takes good pictures with or without flash, have a big lcd 2.5" , 30s shutter and unlimited movie(limited by memory) and my most impt consideration, the ability to focus in low light and super fast focusing ... !

The canon has its strong points in terms of better picture quality and more manual controls like more apertures settings but only 15s max.

I've used a A40 before the pictures are good but the focusing is slow and cannot focus in low light thus I have this phobia that A95 might happen too but I believe it should have improved greatly in this area ...

Each got its pros and cons ......

So far I am a happy W1 user .... :)

sin77 said:
wow...looks pretty to me...

may i just ask why u choose this camera over canon A series?
I looking for a camera now, so need alot of research and guidance.

GKF said:
haha yes its at Blk 107 Towner Rd .... great view !!!

Thanks for all the comments ....

Your place got a great view! Can see the city. :) So you end up with the W1 instead of A95? Or bought both? :bsmilie:

I prefer the 1st shot @ 13 sec. Looks brighter. Try the 30 sec.... :bigeyes:

haha I really hope this view exist in my home ... but too bad my flat is a few blocks away and the view is blocked .....

I only bought the W1 .... no $$ liao ... :cry:

But this W1 is really worth it .... at least to me .... :D

ohh 30s ... I believe it will be super over exposed !!! Cos I have a 15s ... it's already over exposed ...but nevertheless I will try take one and show u all about the 30s and I will use a smaller aperture and see how.....

afbug said:
Your place got a great view! Can see the city. :) So you end up with the W1 instead of A95? Or bought both? :bsmilie:

I prefer the 1st shot @ 13 sec. Looks brighter. Try the 30 sec.... :bigeyes:

GKF said:
haha I really hope this view exist in my home ... but too bad my flat is a few blocks away and the view is blocked .....

I only bought the W1 .... no $$ liao ... :cry:

But this W1 is really worth it .... at least to me .... :D

ohh 30s ... I believe it will be super over exposed !!! Cos I have a 15s ... it's already over exposed ...but nevertheless I will try take one and show u all about the 30s and I will use a smaller aperture and see how.....

Oooo the MS will kill you. I just spend $160 on a 512MB one. My friend bought a 1G SD at $149. That is a big difference! Sony accessories are on the ex side but i think you can get 3 party types. (I not sure but heard other W1 users do)

30s sure over expose la. But try it.......you will feel a bit stupid standing there trying to snap a pic that take 30s :bsmilie:

sillyme said:
alamak, we're neighbours
i'm in 104

Oh.....both of you can exchange numbers and go for dinner later at nearby kopitiam liao :bsmilie:

sillyme: haha .... so near yet so far arrr ... btw what camera are u using .... ?

What u say is true ... the MS will kill ... but I bought it a few days ago and there's 2 free 256mb + another 128mb ... so right now its sufficient for my use .... till I am going overseas then I might need a 512mb .... :)

Yeah I will try a 30s one ... the rain just finish tonight will be a very clear night .... :)

afbug said:
Oooo the MS will kill you. I just spend $160 on a 512MB one. My friend bought a 1G SD at $149. That is a big difference! Sony accessories are on the ex side but i think you can get 3 party types. (I not sure but heard other W1 users do)

30s sure over expose la. But try it.......you will feel a bit stupid standing there trying to snap a pic that take 30s :bsmilie:

Oh.....both of you can exchange numbers and go for dinner later at nearby kopitiam liao :bsmilie:

GKF said:
What u say is true ... the MS will kill ... but I bought it a few days ago and there's 2 free 256mb + another 128mb ... so right now its sufficient for my use .... till I am going overseas then I might need a 512mb .... :)

Yeah I will try a 30s one ... the rain just finish tonight will be a very clear night .... :)

:eek: 2 free 256mb plus another 128?!?! When i bought mine, i only got a 128mb free....sian! :( I think you got more than enough. If you ever buy a 512, maybe you can consider sellin me one of your 256. BTW, what made you bought the W1 over A95? I tot most ppl will go for A95.

sorry sorry ... typo .... should be 1 x 256mb + 1 x 128mb..... :)

I bought W1 over A95 is because of the 2.5" screen, unlimited video mode and most impt is the very fast focusing speed and good low light focusing capability.

I know the cons of W1 will be softer pictures but not really that bad if you dun put side by side with A95 picture and it must be blown up to full size.

GKF said:
sillyme: haha .... so near yet so far arrr ... btw what camera are u using .... ?
currently using an F80 =)

looks cool to mee..perhaps straighten the skyline alittlle to give tt finishing touch to it all..

Witness said:
looks cool to mee..perhaps straighten the skyline alittlle to give tt finishing touch to it all..

I would like to ... but i have no tripod at the moment thus its a bit slanted ... :)

i think a panorama would be sweet from that location :)

don't think W1 has paranoma assist function... at least not that i know of... me own a W1 too... but lately having problems with its focusing... not that fast anymore, keep getting blurry shots now...

GKF, all your images are way too big for posting here. I've edited them to be links instead. For future reference, pls refer to CS's guidelines for acceptable image sizes.

The Moderator
ClubSNAP

Status
Not open for further replies.