Sony DSC-P150, 7 megapixel

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Tiger

May 11, 2004
In the heart of SengKang
www.worldwar2aces.com
Sony’s New Cyber-shot DSC-P150: World’s Smallest 7.2 megapixel camera
Sony latest move in the megapixel battle, this new camera is essentially a DSC-P100 with a new seven megapixel 1/1.8" Type CCD, it has the same three times optical zoom lens, body design and feature set.

sonyp150-001.jpg

Wonder will it be launch at the incoming PC show in 26th Aug

King Tiger said:
Sony’s New Cyber-shot DSC-P150: World’s Smallest 7.2 megapixel camera
Sony latest move in the megapixel battle, this new camera is essentially a DSC-P100 with a new seven megapixel 1/1.8" Type CCD, it has the same three times optical zoom lens, body design and feature set.

sonyp150-001.jpg

Wonder will it be launch at the incoming PC show in 26th Aug

I believe it should be launched by then. My goodness, even small compact cams are going way pass the 5 megapix mark nowadays. Who would have thought so say 4-5 years back?

I think it is quite useless ... 7mega pixels on a small camera.. perhaps it'd help as a "virtual zoom" thing... ie.. can crop to 3mpixels and still produce good pic.. that is the only application i can think of.

That was what my friends said when I bought the 4MP P9 during the 2MP digicam days. :bsmilie: Of course, some people live for the future, others can only see today, while a few are still coping with yesterday.

bernards said:
That was what my friends said when I bought the 4MP P9 during the 2MP digicam days. :bsmilie: Of course, some people live for the future, others can only see today, while a few are still coping with yesterday.

Well said. If they don't push the limits of technology by doing things like this, how else would we have better toys to play with in future? ;)

Always good to make better toys for tomorrow. Many of the people I know seemed to embrace the belief that the quality of a camera is fundamentally based on the megapixel and the zoom factor. Some even think that digital cameras are meant to be small in size. One even asked if my 828 is a film camera! :bsmilie:

7.2 effective Megapixels
Aluminium body (130cc)
Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens (3x optical zoom)
F2.8-5.2, 38-114mm (35mm conversion)
Approx. No. of shots/STAMINA time: 320 shots / 2 hrs 40 min. (NP-FR1)
1.8” LCD (134,000 dots)
Manual Exposure Function
Real Imaging Processor
Conversion lens compatibility via adapter
Scene Selection (9 modes)
Burst Mode: 5x (7 Mega/Fine), 100x (VGA/Standard) (0.9 fps)
Histogram Indication
USB Direct Print (PictBridge)
Memory Stick / Memory Stick PRO compatible (32mb Memory Stick supplied)

p150allroundview-001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.