Sony DSC-F707 Laser

Status
Not open for further replies.

siron

Mar 18, 2002
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
For those guys who has the F707...Do you guys use this function? The laser pointer with a holographic pattern... Do you guys turn it on??

Originally posted by siron
For those guys who has the F707...Do you guys use this function? The laser pointer with a holographic pattern... Do you guys turn it on??

The laser is to assist AF. I turn it on under low light conditions (when the camera would have problem focusing) and when I think it doesn't irritate people. I once tried to take a photo of an artist doing some painting and forgot to switch off the laser AF. I was scolded for projecting the laser pattern on his painting which disturbed his concentration.

BTW, noticed the your "pretty girl" post, liked the crisp colours of your photos, what camera you using (noticed you always avoid this question)?

Originally posted by Daniel

The laser is to assist AF. I turn it on under low light conditions (when the camera would have problem focusing) and when I think it doesn't irritate people. I once tried to take a photo of an artist doing some painting and forgot to switch off the laser AF. I was scolded for projecting the laser pattern on his painting which disturbed his concentration.

BTW, noticed the your "pretty girl" post, liked the crisp colours of your photos, what camera you using (noticed you always avoid this question)?

Did I avoid that question?? hehe Anyway I am using 707!!

our lab just purhcased a F707, me going to try it one of these days :)

Originally posted by siron

Wow...what lab? School?

not just F707 also a new sony video camera with bluetooth, in ntu research lab :p

nope :) school of biomedical sciences

Off topic:
Life science???? No No No NO~ Unless you are planning to get a masters or PhD like Hong... Don't go for it...

Hahahhahaha... I sound so bad.... But I tell that to all those who comes to poly showing interesting in life science... Nicely of course... Diploma in Biotech is just opening the door to life sciences... I'll advice you to step in, go for further studies, degrees, honors, masters and so on...

Or else end up like me, stuck in middle of no where...

Life science is the type of field where academic qualification brings you places, without a better qualification, you'll just stand there, even if there's promotion, it's limited and you'll still be doing the same thing. It's not like a field, such as business, where experience and work performance can bring you up. Here, basic knowledge, which is your academic training, brings you places... Because, you never learn abything more except practical skills when you leave school. But what they want is someone who can think, think,think and solve.

What I will do with a diploma is push buttons like a factory worker. (Serious!!!!!) My friend who worked in research... casted gels for electrophoresis (a method to separate a mixture base on their electric charge and size) for all of the 3-4 years she worked... She finally went for furthur studies...

yah, that's right, i also tired of working after getting my master degree last year, so come back to further my studies again :)

Originally posted by Daniel

Artist?? In KL???

Originally posted by Flare
Hee Hee... Hong also share my sentiments... But then... Now... I"M STUCK! SHould have went to study Software technology...

aiyoh, not neccessary need to work in life sciences area after you graduated, I join micron last year as a design engineer designing advanced electronic packages and doing thermal, electrical simulation.. << totally different from what i study

Status
Not open for further replies.