Sony cd writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
Anyone using sony cd writer here? I have a problem here. Which program did u use to burn cdrw disc so that it can be read by a normal cd rom as well. The cd that I hav created caNNOt be read by cdrom. Only my cd writer can read them.

Tks in advance.

Originally posted by Falcon
Anyone using sony cd writer here? I have a problem here. Which program did u use to burn cdrw disc so that it can be read by a normal cd rom as well. The cd that I hav created caNNOt be read by cdrom. Only my cd writer can read them.

Tks in advance.

i'm not using sony cd writer but i have similar problem when i played the burnt cdrw on my laptop. the cd drive juz keeps buzzing and didn't stop until i ejected it.....however de laptop can play burnt cdr. have no similar problems on my other 2 desktops...mebbe some cd drive can't handle cdrw?

Originally posted by ckiang
Try writing at a lower speed.

Regards
CK

Ok. will try.

Ops.. Sony CD maker doesn't allow me to select the writing speed. :(

Correct me if I am wrong.

It has nothing to do with the CD writer.

CD RW cannot be read in normal CDROM, only CDR can (need to rearrange the files before it can be read in normal CDROM, normally the adaptec software comes with the CD writer will promt you for this).

Originally posted by Kho King
Correct me if I am wrong.

It has nothing to do with the CD writer.

CD RW cannot be read in normal CDROM, only CDR can (need to rearrange the files before it can be read in normal CDROM, normally the adaptec software comes with the CD writer will promt you for this).

Some of the normal CD-ROM drives (esp. the newer ones) CAN read CD-RW. Otherwise, no point using CD-RW in the first place. Of course, if you use packet-writing software to write to the CD-RW, then you can't read it in a normal drive without the packet driver.

Regards
CK

the problem is that Falcon is not giving enough information,

Both Kho King and Ckiang have assumed that Falcon is using packet writing software for the CD-RW (inCD or directCD)... however Falcon seems to be using something called 'Sony CD maker'.

theres a computer with a Sony CDRW 40x12x48 lying around my house and the Packet writing software that comes with it is NOT called Sony CD maker which Falcon is using....

Originally posted by erwinx
the problem is that Falcon is not giving enough information,

Both Kho King and Ckiang have assumed that Falcon is using packet writing software for the CD-RW (inCD or directCD)... however Falcon seems to be using something called 'Sony CD maker'.

theres a computer with a Sony CDRW 40x12x48 lying around my house and the Packet writing software that comes with it is NOT called Sony CD maker which Falcon is using....

Sorry guys. I am not really familiar with burning cd thus not sure what info should i give. How to check whether my software uses packet writing method? There is a couple programs inside this Sony cd maker like FileCD, Data Cd rom...

More info:

My cdrom is ACER 36X.
The brand of the cdrw disc i used is Compro(multi speed).

More info:

My cdrom is ACER 36X.

And the software is called "Sony CD Writer"? Can you check so that we can help you better? If not, try downloading the Nero software and see if it helps.

Simple way to see if you are using packet writing is this: If you burn stuff onto the CD-RW by dragging and dropping files onto the CD-RW drive's icon in "My Computer" or Explorer, then it's probably packet writing.

If you use a software application like Nero, Adaptec CD Creator Pro, NTI CD Maker, etc to make the CDs, it's probably the "regular way".

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

And the software is called "Sony CD Writer"? Can you check so that we can help you better? If not, try downloading the Nero software and see if it helps.

Simple way to see if you are using packet writing is this: If you burn stuff onto the CD-RW by dragging and dropping files onto the CD-RW drive's icon in "My Computer" or Explorer, then it's probably packet writing.

If you use a software application like Nero, Adaptec CD Creator Pro, NTI CD Maker, etc to make the CDs, it's probably the "regular way".

Regards
CK

THe software is called SONY CD-Maker 2000 Professional. There are a number of tools in there that I can use to burn the CD. FileCD uses drag and drop method. IS nero a freeware?

More info:

My cdrom is ACER 36X.

I have another question about what your CD-writer model is, out of curiousity I went to look for the acer 36x, but this raises a few points

(1) Acer multimedia was renamed Benq at around 24x speed. Therefore, 24x and faster drives should not be called 'Acer'.
(2) Benq does not have a 36x CDRW drive listed: http://www.benq.com.sg/products/cdrw/index.htm
(3) On the assumption that you mean 36x read speed, I checked www.cdrlabs.com, www.cdrinfo.com, and they state that the earlier Acer CDRWs are 20/10/40, 16/10/40 and 12/8/32

If you have a 36x speed ACER CD-RW - thats a VERY RARE CD-RW indeed.

ALSO, according to the reviews in www.cdrlabs.com and www.cdrinfo.com, ACER CD-writers DO NOT COME WITH SONY CD MAKER.

If by some strange twist, when you say 36x Speed ACER, you are referring to your CDROM drive and not your CDRW drive, you have confused poor Ckiang again.....

You probably give tech support people nightmares.....

THe software is called SONY CD-Maker 2000 Professional. There are a number of tools in there that I can use to burn the CD. FileCD uses drag and drop method. IS nero a freeware?

Sure sounds like they OEMed NTI CD Maker 2000 Professional, a software I am not familiar with.

Nero is not freeware, but there are demo versions you can download to give it a try.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.