Sony and Nikon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sirs,

Just want to verify this issue becuase i was talking to my jap friend and he said that the latest new regarding Nikon is that sony had bought the company to save it from diying, if this is true what would be the next step for sony and nikon, wow 2 imaging company rolled into one..

would some one shed light to this..

regards,

if the day ever come, and sony buy nikon, i will sell away all my nikon things
and jump to canon

$ony SUCKS, money suckers, and always trying ways and means to plant bugs in computer$

Hi Sirs,

Just want to verify this issue becuase i was talking to my jap friend and he said that the latest new regarding Nikon is that sony had bought the company to save it from diying, if this is true what would be the next step for sony and nikon, wow 2 imaging company rolled into one..

regards,

wow. i will be happy if that happens. so far sony has been quite good with their A100, but they are a bit too slow in releasing their lenses.

Hi Sirs,

regards,

You know the meaning of the word rumours?

This is one of them... ;)

Hi Sirs,

regards,

Thats complete bollocks. Ignore it.

And the Alpha is ****! I hope Sony doesnt buy Nikon, would be a disaster! Inflated prices and exploding batteries! :bsmilie:

And the Alpha is ****! I hope Sony doesnt buy Nikon, would be a disaster! Inflated prices and exploding batteries! :bsmilie:

I agree 300% WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Sirs,

regards,
I havent heard anything about it and it doesnt say in the news or magazines either.

if the day ever come, and sony buy nikon, i will sell away all my nikon things
and jump to canon

$ony SUCKS, money suckers, and always trying ways and means to plant bugs in computer$

:thumbsup:

it will be kinda stupid if Sony buy Nikon... cos Sony just bought KM Camera dept... besides, Nikon buy Sony sensors...

Anyway, Nikon making money now, wats the dying issue?

haha. i think Nikon buy over Sony man......

and banned Alpha system for the next 1000yr. :bsmilie:

Sony may just come up Beta to replace the name Alpha... :bsmilie:

Sony may just come up Beta to replace the name Alpha... :bsmilie:

hee hee, "you know, the beta of Sony's beta just came out.":bsmilie:

but cant be lah, cos alpha is the name of the mount, not the cam.:)

Hi Sirs,

regards,
Nikon is part of the Mitsubishi group of companies. Won't be so easily bought over one.
http://www.mitsubishi.com/php/users/category_result_member.php?company_id=00000004&lang=1

Sony is more likely to be the one in financial difficulties. They made quite a big loss a few years ago.

Moreover, Nikon makes IC lithography equipment also. So Nikon don't need to make their own sensors, they just need to strike a good deal with their customers to supply them with sensors. :)

haha. i think Nikon buy over Sony man......

and banned Alpha system for the next 1000yr. :bsmilie:
Won't happen one. The Japanese companies always negotiate for win-win situation one. They won't make enemies with competitors, they will only drive each other to improve. That's why European companies now so far behind them.

Hi Sirs,

regards,

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

hee hee, "you know, the beta of Sony's beta just came out.":bsmilie:

but cant be lah, cos alpha is the name of the mount, not the cam.:)
Sony already got Beta... way before they got the Alpha. :)

Sony bought Konica-Minolta. Their Sony Alpha100 dSLR takes the KM mounts.

I don't think Nikon will be bought out that easily...they have a large slice of the dSLR market.

ooo.....beta format. but me too young to remember.
Betacam and Digital Betacam are still in use in the professional video industry although the consumer Betamax died because VHS dominated the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.