Sony Alpha vs Nikon SLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

wch101

Apr 23, 2009
Any bro can advise ?

Which SLRs are you comparing to? It's just like asking, oh I'd like to compare a Toyota to a Honda. :dunno:

I don't know either :dunno:

Give me an alpha or Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, SIgma, Pentax, Olympus i use for a while i will get the hang of it.

Sony Alpha vs Nikon DSLR D3X

Sony Alpha vs Nikon DSLR D3

Sony Alpha vs Nikon DSLR D700

Sony Alpha vs Nikon DSLR D300

Sony Alpha vs Nikon DSLR D90

Sony Alpha vs Nikon DSLR D60

Sony Alpha vs Nikon DSLR D5000

Sony Alpha vs Nikon SLR F6

:dunno:

Some CSers will tell you Sony is good, some will tell you Nikon is good and some may tell you others are better. So in the end, the choice is still yours. Why not go to the shop and test it out yourself ? Only yourself will know what you like best. Whether you have chosen Sony or Nikon or others, it will still take good pictures if you are good.

Some simple qns to ask yourself for choosing a DSLR:

1) Is the price affordable to me ?
2) Is the range of lenses available suitable for my type of photography ?
3) Is the body feel comfortable in my hand ?
4) The availability of accessories and their cost.
5) Do my peers own the same brand so that I can share lenses with them ?
6) Do you prefer Image Stabiliser on body or on lenses ?
7) Is high ISO performance important ?
8) Do I like the buttons layout and interface ?

Last edited:
Sony Alpha vs Nikon SLR

That will depend what you need.

A Sony DSLR vs a Nikon SLR............

ie. Digital vs Film...........

If i were you, as Sony don't produce SLR, i will get a both Nikon DSLR and a Nikon SLR, aleast can use the same lens.

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Some CSers will tell you Sony is good, some will tell you Nikon is good and some may tell you others are better. So in the end, the choice is still yours. Why not go to the shop and test it out yourself ? Only yourself will know what you like best. Whether you have chosen Sony or Nikon or others, it will still take good pictures if you are good.

Some simple qns to ask yourself for choosing a DSLR:

1) Is the price affordable to me ?
2) Is the range of lenses available suitable for my type of photography ?
3) Is the body feel comfortable in my hand ?
4) The availability of accessories and their cost.
5) Do my peers own the same brand so that I can share lenses with them ?
6) Do you prefer Image Stabiliser on body or on lenses ?
7) Is high ISO performance important ?
8) Do I like the buttons layout and interface ?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
:bsmilie:

Cold you please be a bit more specific in the models you'd like to compare? Most Nikon DSLRs use a Sony sensor, so there would be easier comparisons.

Both camps have featured the others don't.

Also, please list your requirements...
Do you need LiveView?
Do you need Autofocus on all lenses?
Do you want in-body or in-lens stabilization?
Do you need Video?
Do you need Autofocus Carl Zeiss lenses?

If i were you, as Sony don't produce SLR, i will get a both Nikon DSLR and a Nikon SLR, aleast can use the same lens.

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

He can get an old Minolta SLR. ;)

The first time I got a DSLR I just walk to a shop (wanting to buy Nikon) but I let them push me anything... I ended up with Sony without knowing why. But now I love it. Go to a shop that sells all 5 brands and look through all of them ;)

Last edited:
OT abit. the questions asked regarding this topic had been getting more vague as time goes by. maybe next time we will see a thread asking Sony vs Nikon vs Canon vs Pana vs Oly vs Pentax......

OT abit. the questions asked regarding this topic had been getting more vague as time goes by. maybe next time we will see a thread asking Sony vs Nikon vs Canon vs Pana vs Oly vs Pentax......

Yup. and yet they expect a more detailed answer. It's like people are forgetting how to properly structure a question.

Or maybe they think we're psychic and can ead their minds to know which models they were looking at?

To TS: You should definitely get the Sony A900. It's far better than the Nikon D60 you were looking at.
Or maybe you should get the Nikon D3X. It's far better than the Sony A200 you were looking at.

Where to start? :p

Last edited:

To be honest, when I 1st read the thread title, thought is a flame bait.

To be honest, when I 1st read the thread title, thought is a flame bait.

It could still get there, but for now saner and more humorous heads are prevailing. :kiss:

Maybe chiong post count. I suggest TS get Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.