Sony alpha Hot shoe , where to get 1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansoncheng

HEY people !

i got to purchase a hot shoe for my dslr sony alpha 300.
is there any cheaper ones selling in the market?

or is there any other brands that are compatible with sony alpha 300?

do post a comment and let me know !

thanks !

the hot shoe is the metal bracket that's fixed to the top of your camera, for the purpose of mounting an external flashgun... so why do you need to purchase a hot shoe? Did you drop your camera and damage it?

ahhhh, then you need to re-write your question. It's very confusing!

Sorry that I can't help you with your question, as I don't know the information.

You need a FS-1100 clone. This shop carries some i think.

Alpha flash mount = old minolta flash mount = not the usual mount.

its not the one that can fit the standard ISO mount. You'll need to buy an adaptor for it. Thats one of the sianz part about using minolta/sony.

There is cheaper OEM versions that have built in PC Sync. btw, does your A300 comes with PC Sync? if so, can use that with strobes. unless you're using a IR trigger, then you'll definitely need an adaptor to fit the ISO mount from the IR trigger.

Huh ~ *blur*
i don't think i have the one that you mention.

because the hot shoe in my school can fit into nikon and canon, but not sony alpha because the top part is different. that's why i need to purchase a hot shoe so that i can use the flashlight in school, like those studio kind of flash.
so i was wondering where can i get usable and cheap ones..

Huh ~ *blur*
i don't think i have the one that you mention.

because the hot shoe in my school can fit into nikon and canon, but not sony alpha because the top part is different. that's why i need to purchase a hot shoe so that i can use the flashlight in school, like those studio kind of flash.
so i was wondering where can i get usable and cheap ones..

You really should stop referring to it as a hot shoe.

You're looking for a hotshoe adapter so that you can mount a standard flash mount onto your camera's hotshoe.
I did a quick Google search and turned this up
http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/product.php?productid=16892&cat=275&page=1

A300 doesnt have PC Sync socket, you have to get an iISO - ISO adapter (Minolta FS-1100). Original Minolta version is quite rare and pricey. New Sony version is even more expensive (it has built in voltage protector). Your best choice is to get a 3rd party from the website I mentioned above.

The YongNuo is supposed to be better built than the non-branded one. You'd better contact the shop owner and enquire directly. I don't use those adapters so can't say much.

The ones from JL-Photo work fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.