Sony a99 Mark II

Dude, just take the memory card on and stick it into a USB3.0 card reader lar... simple right? Seriously, this is targeted at pros or high end enthusiasts who will probably go through a few cards for each shoot... the memory card reader is the real deal for file transfer... even with my A99, I don't use the USB transfer. A card reader is always way way faster.

Last edited:
Just be careful with no brand usb card reader. I just last got my sd card corrupted during file transfer to pc. What I can see after transfer failed is truncated folders. Now trying to recover sd card using the software Recuva.

Just be careful with no brand usb card reader. I just last got my sd card corrupted during file transfer to pc. What I can see after transfer failed is truncated folders. Now trying to recover sd card using the software Recuva.

SanDisk comes with free recovery software. Saved me twice already!

Bringing this post up again. Are there ANY A99ii users here? After the initial (and quite minor) hype about the release, it seems to have faded into obscurity again. Almost smells like vapourware. I really suspect this could be the swansong of the A-mount. Which is disappointing for me, having owned the first A-mount (the A100), then the A350, A700, A850 and the A99.

Bringing this post up again. Are there ANY A99ii users here? After the initial (and quite minor) hype about the release, it seems to have faded into obscurity again. Almost smells like vapourware. I really suspect this could be the swansong of the A-mount. Which is disappointing for me, having owned the first A-mount (the A100), then the A350, A700, A850 and the A99.

A-mount is dead.... come too late

A-mount is dead.... come too late

I won't say that it's dead just that it is difficult to even get market share from big players Canonikon who have
served the pro market since many were born.:) At most it's a PR statement that Sony want to be still and can be a player. It will still take a lot of money,promotion and effort just to be visible.Many smaller companies tried to get into pro market like Pentax,topcon,minolta of old examples.Ultimately it's which camera can deliver results consistantly and is built like a tank.Throwing money at the problem can only go so far what is needed is cutting edge technology and innovation to woo potential users and enthusiasts alike.

Bad economy but the body cost more than my 2 months salary. My a850 n a7r still running good for now. Plus I don't own 300mm and above lens for the fps function. I also own wide lens mostly n landscape and time lapse are my choice. Wait for striking big lottery first ba, heh heh!

Just got mine a month ago and I've been using it as my main cam since. Not as heavy as i thought it would be, very comfortable in my hands and simply just awesome to use compared to the A7II(which is still an awesome all rounder camera)
The auto focus is fast with the cheap SAL5014 lens.
Sharing some pics i took. :)