Sony a7riii vs a7iii 2nd hand price

Soarick

Apr 5, 2012
Through my understanding, a7riii is way more expensive than a7iii. However, for 2nd hand, most are selling a7riii at the same price as a7iii (Body only). Approx 2.5k

Could anyone enlighten me why is this so? And if both the price for 2nd hand are the same...which should I get? Thanks!

Jason Lanier..Get the right tool that works for you.:)

Last edited:
Sony offered $1,000 discount on a7Riii when a7iii was launched. Hence, price of a7Riii is $800 more than a7iii. I bought my a7Riii for $3,699 instead of advertised $4,699. That's why sellers can sell their used a7Riii at new a7iii price.

Like you, its hard for me to decide on which model to buy - a7Riii or a7iii. I decided to by a7Riii because of the following reasons:
(1) Its a 42.4 megapixel camera. That means you can crop your photos heavily without sacrificing on image quality. Its certainly much cheaper than by buying telephoto lens. No need to carry the extra weight too.
(2) its electronic view finder has 3.68 megapixel instead of a7iii 2.36 megapixel. At 3.68 million pixels, subjects look more natural than 2.36 megapixel

FYI RIII under year end promotion new promo price $3199, just a bit over $3k at the usual shops. It's a good time to get a still decent camera!