Sony a7iii PROS & CONS?

josephjx

Feb 26, 2019
Singapore
Hi, I’m intending to upgrade to Sony A7iii! Can name some legit pros and cons for this camera as compared to crop sensor Sony camera.
Do Sony a7iii able to download timelapse or access playmemories (new app: imagining edge mobile) now?

Hi, I’m intending to upgrade to Sony A7iii! Can name some legit pros and cons for this camera as compared to crop sensor Sony camera.
Do Sony a7iii able to download timelapse or access playmemories (new app: imagining edge mobile) now?

In comparison to APSC mirror less, I am listing my opinion/observations here :
Cons :
- Overall setup will be heavier and bigger
- Lenses are more expensive
- Too much customization (it depends, you may love it. I usually don't like so much options)

Pros :
- Awesome low-light performance (you will be able to take shots in situations you never imagined with other APSCs
- Awesome dynamic range (you will be surprised in such high contrast scenes how well it performs)
- Awesome video performance (I am usually making more and more videos now, with such great DR and ISO performance the results is much better)
- Awesome autofocus (its very smart in terms of focusing, very helpful in videos too. Tons of options to customize how you want to focus)
- With mobile phone cameras performing so well, the performance gap between mobile phone cameras and APSC is reducing day by day. Full frame camera gives you a bigger jump in terms of overall image quality (this opinion is based on many assumptions and conditions :) )

I believe Timelapse option is available in A7iii. I believe it came after new firmware but I will have to check.