Sony A77 + 1650 Price in Chinatown

linchen0413

Nov 3, 2011
I would like to ask all who have ever bought items from Chinatown camera shop (beside MRT station only), they quote me price at only 2050, so cheap. and they said out of stock and ask me to paid 50 deposit first, should i buy this?

I would like to ask all who have ever bought items from Chinatown camera shop (beside MRT station only), they quote me price at only 2050, so cheap. and they said out of stock and ask me to paid 50 deposit first, should i buy this?

You have the name of the shop?

We have a list of recommended shops in the priceguides section. I would not recommend anything in Chinatown except Manly.

We have a list of recommended shops in the priceguides section. I would not recommend anything in Chinatown except Manly.

i plan to buy on this weekend, any recommend shop?

Rashkae said:

And Max Photo too..

Linchen,
Never place a deposit if u don't know the shop owner or salesperson well. Once money goes, the service goes. You'll have no bargaining power when he later come back to tell u sorry the price quoted is for different model- the model u wanted is +$xxx, and u just have to agree to new higher price as he won't return yr deposit there are tonnes of other tricks these shops use, the key thing is don't put yrself in a disadvantaged position by forking out money first. Hope that helps. Another example in sim lim is shops will offer an exceptionally low price but when u go there they say no stock, then if u place deposit and order the price will increase and they will say the price u saw was old price- same tricks, different packaging... Hold on to yr $$$.

Linchen,
Never place a deposit if u don't know the shop owner or salesperson well. Once money goes, the service goes. You'll have no bargaining power when he later come back to tell u sorry the price quoted is for different model- the model u wanted is +$xxx, and u just have to agree to new higher price as he won't return yr deposit there are tonnes of other tricks these shops use, the key thing is don't put yrself in a disadvantaged position by forking out money first. Hope that helps. Another example in sim lim is shops will offer an exceptionally low price but when u go there they say no stock, then if u place deposit and order the price will increase and they will say the price u saw was old price- same tricks, different packaging... Hold on to yr $$$.

mettaxu, thanks for your comment. it is useful for me.

linchen0413 said:
is it can get cheaper price in this 2 shops?

Try calling parisilk at Holland Village. I got my A77 with 16-50 f2.8 kit lens @2396sgd there. Local set wif free Sony bag and 16gb 50MB/s sony card

Last edited:
Try calling parisilk at Holland Village. I got my A77 with 16-50 f2.8 kit lens @2396sgd there. Local set wif free Sony bag and 16gb 50MB/s sony card

wow.. nice.. i get offer from sim lim at 2250, but forgot the shop name.. but is better go trusted camera shop.

wow.. nice.. i get offer from sim lim at 2250, but forgot the shop name.. but is better go trusted camera shop.

They will rip you off. Sell you useless accessories like "macro and wideangle converters" etc etc

There is only one shop in Sim Lim that can be recommended: Orient Photo, 6th floor. Skip the rest, period.

TS,i tink the shop that u have mentioned is People's Audio in People's Park Complex...No comments about the selling price there though i know they deal mostly with tourists & they have limited models.You should really head down to Funan to shops like SLRR,TK Foto,John 3:16 & compare prices between these shops...Cheers!

Last edited: