Sony A700 Vs Canon 40D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Guys so much for your wisdom and Knowledge.
I'll go test them both out and let your guys know!.

As for 3rd Party Products. Well not really keen on them. As i got traumatic experiences with them. well not on cams but other products.

Oh other question i would like to ask, is the external flash or the "added" flash good for sony?

Thanks once again guys :))

yes it extremely v good and far much afforable than the C n N counterpart

So will there be a firmware to get the A900 to perform like a D3X soon? :think:

Well, how is it not performing like the D3X? This is, of course, assuming you compare at actual ISOs, rather than the nikon undercooked ISOs.

Oh other question i would like to ask, is the external flash or the "added" flash good for sony?

VERY good actually. It's worth investing in the 58AM flash. It's such an incredibly versatile tool.

So will there be a firmware to get the A900 to perform like a D3X soon? :think:

Dun think the A900 will ever perform like the D3X at 100%.
the most it will do so is at 90% at 1/3 the price of the D3X...which is more than justifiable alone the reason to own one.

Hey All!
I kinda new in the DSLR world.
I was kinda thinking of Getting one in the mid of next year! :)
I was think of taking up photography more to a perm level as in serious level.

So i Started Sourcing and reading up all the things they ask you to do be4 getting a new cam.
Well at least i did half of it.
3 of them caught my eyes.
Sony A700
Canon 40D
And one thats Way out my Budget Nikon 300D

I was looking at the spec & model. And i found Sony More Nicer?
Despite its lacking of Frames/sec as compared to the other 2.

Haven't got a hands on feel yet on Sony A700 Yet.
I was Hoping your can help my Dilemma on This Matter.

ALOT of people almost immediately pushes the CHOOSE CANON/NIKON!
I know Canon and nikon has Wide Range and A Good history as well in the DSLR/SLR world.

I Was also looking a one Cam From Olympus, that my friend Just Bought. Don;t know what model is it though haha.:dunno:
Actually, I was like you. But i was deciding between Canon and Nikon. And i was inclining towards Canon 450D.

However, based on the many advises from friends, its all about the grip. Then on the day when i went to buy my DSLR, i tested those which were in my budget and felt the grip. In the end I bought a Nikon D90.

So, most importantly, go to a shop which has the widest selection of DSLRs for you to play and feel the grip with, and within your budget. Then just buy the one which you feel good gripping with.

One thing you may want to consider about Sony is that their third-parties & used market is significant smaller than Canon & Nikon (as seen in BnS). So unless you are willing to spend more on all original product (Sony can't use third-parties batteries), else a similar configuration may most likely cost more.. :think:

Totally agree, that is why my cameras are usually Nikon or Canon.

just follow your heart and pocket will bring you...;)
eventually it's your picture that'll count and have value and not the cam.

go try the cameras out and see what u prefer. also try the menus on the camera see which one u prefer. all cameras can take good pictures la, just need to know ur camera well. its like your 2nd or 3rd wife, next to car. :bsmilie:

You wouldn't go wrong with either. Go to the shop ASAP and try it out. Stop contemplating and start to learn how to use the camera. In photography, there is also the art aspect, composition, post process and to see light.

So much to learn, don't get bog down by what to buy...

Thanks Guys so much for your wisdom and Knowledge.
I'll go test them both out and let your guys know!.

As for 3rd Party Products. Well not really keen on them. As i got traumatic experiences with them. well not on cams but other products.

yes, test them out and have a feel on which is better for you..

dun really listen to some of the posts which are more of brand wars rather then help ;p

its a never ending war with no winners.. ultimately, its your choice.. no one is gonna blame or criticise you for your choice.

what do u mean by undercooked ISO?

Oh, Nikon simulates cleaner noise performance by actually using a lower ISO than indicated. So If you set it to 1600 ISO, it's actually shooting at about 1200, then the highlights are adjusted. Sony shoots at 1600, so it looks noisier, but you're actually shooting at that ISO.

Oh, Nikon simulates cleaner noise performance by actually using a lower ISO than indicated. So If you set it to 1600 ISO, it's actually shooting at about 1200, then the highlights are adjusted. Sony shoots at 1600, so it looks noisier, but you're actually shooting at that ISO.
how did u know that? :eek:

ooo.. i didnt know about it ;p

Its up to each individual camera manufacturer to implement their iso speed, so iso 1600 on canon is not the same as iso 1600 on sony or nikon.

That why people get fooled all the time by numbers, there are some sites that show the real calibrated values, and its not pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.