Sony A700 ISO noise

biggorilla

Nov 4, 2009
Somewhere near you.Look behind
I am using the A700 and i just need to check something out regarding the noise at ISO above 800 at night (limited lighting).

How is the noise at ISO 800 and above? does the 700 start to get a noisy?

If anyone has a similar lens to mine (sony DT 18-250) could you show me some sample images you got a night at iso 2000, f3.5?

Thanks in advance.

I will try to link to some sample images that i have.

I am using the A700 and i just need to check something out regarding the noise at ISO above 800 at night (limited lighting).

How is the noise at ISO 800 and above? does the 700 start to get a noisy?

If anyone has a similar lens to mine (sony DT 18-250) could you show me some sample images you got a night at iso 2000, f3.5?

Thanks in advance.

I will try to link to some sample images that i have.

Just curious what you're trying to shoot at night with such high ISO and large aperture.
spy shots? :)

Just making sure everything is working fine. I start to notice that significant noise starts to appear at 1000. so Just hoping to find some saples images ranging from 800-6400 from other A700 users. Oh yeah at f3.5.

The A700 is about 2-3 years old now... Did you upgrade to v4 firmware? I suggest reading the many many A700 threads in the sony section.

FYI, ISO noise will not depend on the lens or the aperture... :p

Thanks Rashkae.

I bought this camera last june. Its already updated to V4.

I didnt realy think about the noise issue much till recently as I have been doing more daytime shots. Only started thinking about it recently becoz planning a night time lesiure shoot.

Thanks Rashkae.

I bought this camera last june. Its already updated to V4.

I didnt realy think about the noise issue much till recently as I have been doing more daytime shots. Only started thinking about it recently becoz planning a night time lesiure shoot.
Are you planning on shooting landscapes at night? If you are, you shouldn't be thinking about high ISO and large aperture.

Are you planning on shooting landscapes at night? If you are, you shouldn't be thinking about high ISO and large aperture.

No. We planning to go down to orchard to shoot. I will be using ISO 100 but gonna be shooting in BULB mode.

But when i decided on this night shoot I got to thinking about the ISO 6400 and about the noise from 1000 onwards.

So I just want to confirm about the A700 noise at different ISO ranges and if my noise is normal.

So I just want to confirm about the A700 noise at different ISO ranges and if my noise is normal.

Sounds normal. Do some research on "agorabasta settings" and that's about at good as it will go, which is still at Nikon D300 levels (they share the same sensor).

If you reaaaally want to get some good shots, shoot in RAW and post-process using CS5 or C1Pro

Sounds normal. Do some research on "agorabasta settings" and that's about at good as it will go, which is still at Nikon D300 levels (they share the same sensor).

If you reaaaally want to get some good shots, shoot in RAW and post-process using CS5 or C1Pro

Hey Rashkae,

Thanks for the advise. Will check out the "agorabasta settings".

Bro Rashkae,

Tried the setting together with Noise Ninja. Noticed a noticable differenece and improvements...

Thanks for the help..:thumbsup:

No problem. :)