Sony A6500

cloudangel

Aug 23, 2010
Have been eyeing for a Sony mirrorless camera for quite awhile.

Recently saw that the price of the A6500 has dropped to $1,399. Was wondering if it would be a good idea to buy it and buy it now?

Do advise. Thanks

when in doubt, just take out your credit card and give it to the salesperson

Reactions: HYPY13
when in doubt, just take out your credit card and give it to the salesperson

When you got nothing better to say, just keep it to yourself

For a paperweight it is over-prized.
Jokes aside, please share a few more thoughts that makes you lean towards that model. Why a6500 and not any other model, or brand?
If you have done your homework and a6500 is what you need (different from 'want'...) then grab it if there is a promotion.
But also keep in mind: it is consumer electronics. Prices will drop further, new models will emerge (Sony is [in]famous for fast model cycles) and equipment does not matter much unless it is for very specific purposes.
Happy shooting.

But I don't like the fact that it doesn't has an in built flash :(
If you need a small flash get the hotshoe types and put it on if you need it. Light is much better, you can use white cards and modifier. For serious flash work you will use triggers and off-camera lighting anyways.

Last edited:
When you got nothing better to say, just keep it to yourself

looks like you don't even know what you're looking for; i hit the nail right on the head.

and there you were, so quick to diss me. :rolleyes:

if you want to get good advice, list down what you're looking for and what you're expecting to get out of the camera.

After more than 20 years, I have yet to use a flash fpr general photos. Especially now that camera ISO are capable of such high numbers.

If you're into flash photography, the built-in is a joke.