Sony A200 vs Nikon D60

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatByTe

Nov 4, 2008
Punggol
Hi all, I am interested to get a DSLR as a newbie and would like to know about which cam is the better comparing Sony Alpha 200 vs a NIkon D60. Also I am not really sure about flash sync rate. Is it something very important? because I read reviews that Nikon D60 is 1/200 while Sony A200 is only 1/160 while many higher ends models are 1/500.

Is it true that Sony A200 u can choose which auto-focus points to focus on with the screen? Thanks very much.

no reply on this thread? i am also comparing the two and wonder which one i should get. have your brought your DSLR?

Hi all, I am interested to get a DSLR as a newbie and would like to know about which cam is the better comparing Sony Alpha 200 vs a NIkon D60. Also I am not really sure about flash sync rate. Is it something very important? because I read reviews that Nikon D60 is 1/200 while Sony A200 is only 1/160 while many higher ends models are 1/500.

Is it true that Sony A200 u can choose which auto-focus points to focus on with the screen? Thanks very much.

mmm...what u dunno is prb not impt to u yet..:rolleyes:...but your thread is potential ground for brand wars.... if u really need opinions, why not list the things impt to u and we can advise if it is available?

and i think most, if not all DSLRs can select the AF point.

I dunno abt d60, however i owned a a200 and i am very happy with it. Probably, when looking for a new dslr, u need to look at the following:-

1) Kit lens? (For a200 is 18-70mm)
2) ISO Range? (For a200 is 100-3200)
3) AF Points? (For a200 is 9)
4) Shutter speeds (For a200 is 1/4000 - 30sec - BULB)
5) Availability of accessories?
6) You prefer to handle which camera? The size of which camera suits u better?

That's all I can think for now... Maybe other csers can help you out too. I am not going to start a brand war here, most importantly get one camera that suits your needs. :)

there is this local af setting in a200. but i dun use it. unless u hv the time to slowly compose ur shot.. choose where u wanna af then probably its useful... i think regardless of brand.. most of the people will use spot af... so probably the local only a feature that is nice to have.. i hv a a200.. its a beautiful piece to handle.. i also has a sony dsc-w80.. it seems like they make most of their camera gui abt the same.. so i have no prob to quickly pick up the menu button and do the selection... probably nikon is the same i dunno.. never use one before...

its important like godzilla60 sayz... what is the important feature u are looking for proabably can advice u better...else.. all camera are the 'same' to u in literally sense... go and hold the cameras in ur hand... take a few shots... if u like how it feels.. then i suggest u take it.. cos to me handling is the most important feature...

there is this local af setting in a200. but i dun use it. unless u hv the time to slowly compose ur shot.. choose where u wanna af then probably its useful... i think regardless of brand.. most of the people will use spot af... so probably the local only a feature that is nice to have.. i hv a a200.. its a beautiful piece to handle.. i also has a sony dsc-w80.. it seems like they make most of their camera gui abt the same.. so i have no prob to quickly pick up the menu button and do the selection... probably nikon is the same i dunno.. never use one before...

its important like godzilla60 sayz... what is the important feature u are looking for proabably can advice u better...else.. all camera are the 'same' to u in literally sense... go and hold the cameras in ur hand... take a few shots... if u like how it feels.. then i suggest u take it.. cos to me handling is the most important feature...

true

usually i go spot af, half-press trigger and re-compose

i went out and brought a A200 just now.:) did a few shots and love it. main reason why i brought this over a D60 is because i was a minolta film SLR user. had a telephotos lens and external flash from there. if i change to nikon, this will become white elephant.

hm... anyway, i think all or most camera are similar when u compare apple to apple. is more of which one u hold and feel that u like it. and for takings pictures, at the end of the day, it is the person behind the camera that is impt!:)

i went out and brought a A200 just now.:) did a few shots and love it. main reason why i brought this over a D60 is because i was a minolta film SLR user. had a telephotos lens and external flash from there. if i change to nikon, this will become white elephant.

hm... anyway, i think all or most camera are similar when u compare apple to apple. is more of which one u hold and feel that u like it. and for takings pictures, at the end of the day, it is the person behind the camera that is impt!:)

Congrats on your new purchase & welcome to the Alpha family. Hope to see you in our outings soon.

Congrats on your new purchase & welcome to the Alpha family. Hope to see you in our outings soon.

thanks!:) i am very new in this forum and is very lost here. where do i go to see alpha family outings? at the alpha thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.