Sony A100 or Pentax K10D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helcifer

Mar 15, 2007
Which Anti-Shake camera do you guys think is better? Sony A100 or Pentax K10D? And which camera produce better quality images?

Read the review sites.

You ask people here you'll get biased opinions, obviously.

The quality image comes from the person holding the camera. Both are good cameras, but I never liked sony as it focus more on design and style rather then function. Pentax is a good underrated brand. I would go with that.

The quality image comes from the person holding the camera. Both are good cameras, but I never liked sony as it focus more on design and style rather then function. Pentax is a good underrated brand. I would go with that.

The A100 is still primarily a Minolta brand, and has more functions than the K10D so it tosses your argument out.

Threadstarter: Read the K10D review on dpreview.com. It gets compared to the A100 too.

The A100 is still primarily a Minolta brand, and has more functions than the K10D so it tosses your argument out.

Threadstarter: Read the K10D review on dpreview.com. It gets compared to the A100 too.
A100 has more functions than K10D??? How so?
Anyway dpreview of Pentax is generating its own controversy...

Anyway dpreview of Pentax is generating its own controversy...

NEITHER BOTH:angry:
my nokia 6300 beat both hand down... can take pic,video, call and sms.....sent email too:lovegrin:

See? The emotions come out and different camps will have different opinions.

Read the reviews, hold the cameras for yourself, FORM YOUR OWN OPINION. Don't depend on us to make up your mind.

Which Anti-Shake camera do you guys think is better? Sony A100 or Pentax K10D? And which camera produce better quality images?

Which Anti-Shake camera do you guys think is better?
Both anti-shake technology should be quite good.
You need a side by side comparison to get the answer.
Unless someone own the 2 cameras and do a test.

Sony A100 or Pentax K10D
Personally, I will go for the Pentax K10D.
But others have their own opinions.

And which camera produce better quality images ?
This really depend on the lens quality and the price you are willing to pay.
I think Pentax gives you more bang for your bucks.
The Carl Zeiss 16-80 lens for Sony A100 have some very positive review on image quality,
but the price :sweat: .

Go out to the shop and get a feel of both cams to see which fits better in your hand. Afterall you are the one using it. Lens wise, there are some nice & not too expensive lens for the A100 too. You can use the Minolta lenses on the A100 body too as long as it's the A-mount lens. You can check the B&S section for a guage of the lens prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.