Sony A100 or Nikon D80 or Canon 400D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dun think it will clash...if it does...just switch off from the body itself..its just a button away...hmm...if it works with the AS on..wow...wun it b great...double antishake!! :bigeyes:

It won't clash but you probably get a poorer image compared to only having one enabled at a time. Reason being that the counteracting mechnisims is not designed to communicate with each other, and thus each tries to compensate to whatever it thinks is correct without considering what the other is actually doing. By the way, do turn of any antishake mechnisim when mounted on tripod too. :)

juz get watever brand u prefer because people may have different opinions on different brands

:think: Hmmm...will the shutter sound affect the picture quality? Why is softer shutter sound better?QUOTE]

Softer shutter sound means that the mirror slap and shutter is damped >>> Minimized shutter and mirror slap results in lesser physical movement (shaking) of the camera when the shutter is released >>> image is sharper due to reduced camera movement.

Ya...dats about it. Nikon D80 is rather damped IMHO...:)

Yup, Sony lenses are more expensive as compared to the old Minolta days. But I doubt that the difference is 100% to those of C & N.

i wonder why sony lenses so expensive.. range and aperture and they have image stablisers in those lenses..

i wonder why sony lenses so expensive.. range and aperture and they have image stablisers in those lenses..

"Its a SONY"... (so says SONY ads) :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Hi,
I have been using a Nikon Coolpix 5700 for the past 5 years. It's now giving way and I am thinking of buying a DSLR. I am looking at the Sony alpha, Olympus, Canon and the Nikon D40x.
Any one can suggest which camera is the best buy?

Hi,
I have been using a Nikon Coolpix 5700 for the past 5 years. It's now giving way and I am thinking of buying a DSLR. I am looking at the Sony alpha, Olympus, Canon and the Nikon D40x.

400D, and canon has a wide array of superb lenses to choose, gd bodies to upgrade =D

Hi,

I'm a D80 user.. but if those were the only cameras u looking at.. I'd say go for 400D. If u are willing to spend a few extra bucks.. check out the D80... :thumbsup:

After you check out opinions in this forum.. go try out the cameras yourself at the shop, the camera must feel right for u. As for which shop to go, check the forum also.. dun go to those black shop and get chopped. I personally rec John 3:16 at funan 5th level.. not the cheapest in town, but u get all the time u want to try those cameras before deciding. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.