Sony A Click of Nature Photography Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe, that's unusual, competitions usually BAR employees of company
=D

sony employees only???!!! :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Not a hoax. Posters have been distributed to secondary schools.

Hopefully the website glitch can be resolved soon.

Can everyone help me publicize to any secondary school student photographers?

someone should rent the sec sch student a 600f4 (if the sch doesnt already have one...)

Try to take what I am about to say in a positive manner, so that you can take them into consideration for your next project.

First, I think you will have much better luck publicising this event in some secondary school forum or Sony employees' forum.

Secondly, I think the guy who designed the website should be shot. As pointed out, it looks like a hoax because most of the links do not work. Nobody knows what are the T&Cs or prizes. Does he not test the page before making it go live? And the idea of simply using an image for the entire page is old-style and very bad. Takes too long to load.

Of course, the final nail in the coffin would be the numerous grammatical errors. I think Sony would be most embarrassed by them. (Which makes me wonder again if this is really sanctioned by Sony)

Just some mistakes for you to correct:
- Terms and Conditions, not Term and Conditions
- The workshop will teach you, not teaches you
- Please fill up all required fields below, not fill up all required information below
- Contact Details not contact detail

The website is up :thumbsup:

Try to take what I am about to say in a positive manner, so that you can take them into consideration for your next project.

First, I think you will have much better luck publicising this event in some secondary school forum or Sony employees' forum.

Secondly, I think the guy who designed the website should be shot. As pointed out, it looks like a hoax because most of the links do not work. Nobody knows what are the T&Cs or prizes. Does he not test the page before making it go live? And the idea of simply using an image for the entire page is old-style and very bad. Takes too long to load.

Of course, the final nail in the coffin would be the numerous grammatical errors. I think Sony would be most embarrassed by them. (Which makes me wonder again if this is really sanctioned by Sony)

Just some mistakes for you to correct:
- Terms and Conditions, not Term and Conditions
- The workshop will teach you, not teaches you
- Please fill up all required fields below, not fill up all required information below
- Contact Details not contact detail

Common lah, we're all trying to promote photography.

You think it's easy to ask for company budget to chalk out thousands of dollars to promote photography?

You think it's easy to ask for company budget to chalk out thousands of dollars to promote photography?

er, what's that gotta do with what the dude mentioned?

def not easy, but he is giving rather ok advice ..?

For a company like Sony, to spend thousands of dollars sounds a little insulting.
Sony's advertising budget is probably in the millions.

A little QC wouldn't hurt

For a company like Sony, to spend thousands of dollars sounds a little insulting.
Sony's advertising budget is probably in the millions.

A little QC wouldn't hurt

yes, i think its quite strange for the site to have so much problems and typo errors.
sony's marketing has always been top notch, even if their products are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.