Sony 707 internal flash spoilt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

willyfoo

Jan 18, 2002
North
willyfoo.com
To my horror last night, my internal flash refused to fire..
My external flash worked though..

AND... I haven't sent in my warranty card!!!!! What shall I do??

Originally posted by willyfoo
To my horror last night, my internal flash refused to fire..
My external flash worked though..

AND... I haven't sent in my warranty card!!!!! What shall I do??

Try to look innocent when you send your cam in for repairs @ Sony Service Centre? :p

Originally posted by dragos
see lah.....result of too many photoshoots....until the flash cannot take it liao...:p

ya lor...that's what i think too....

wah...u play cheat ar...never send the warranty card?!

wait Sony ask u for the recipt how?

no wonder u dun want to send in to fix BFS...but trust me, it is really much better w/o BFS

anyway, since your flash cannot work, can u still take picture?? w/o the pre-flash firing from the internal flash, are there any different?? the internal flash is so weak, actually spoil also nevermind lar...

when u going to Sony? let's go together cos i want Sony to give me an answer for the loose door....they promised to call me but till now also have no reply!!!

Originally posted by kamwai

ya lor...that's what i think too....

wah...u play cheat ar...never send the warranty card?!

wait Sony ask u for the recipt how?

no wonder u dun want to send in to fix BFS...but trust me, it is really much better w/o BFS

anyway, since your flash cannot work, can u still take picture?? w/o the pre-flash firing from the internal flash, are there any different?? the internal flash is so weak, actually spoil also nevermind lar...

when u going to Sony? let's go together cos i want Sony to give me an answer for the loose door....they promised to call me but till now also have no reply!!!

I never had the habit of sending in my warranty cards cos my things never spoilt before... until now :(

Internal flash cannot work, but I can still use external flash... so still can take.

I'll try to see what I can do about the repair, when I'm going sony, I'll inform u.

I never had the habit of sending in my warranty cards cos my things never spoilt before... until now :(

Internal flash cannot work, but I can still use external flash... so still can take.

I'll try to see what I can do about the repair, when I'm going sony, I'll inform u.

Then just take this as a lesson.
it is not rare for electronic product to develope problems, esp in the first 6 months of its usage cycle.
If you have the card sent you sure can get it repaired for free, just show them your ext flash as the evidence that you never abuse the int flash.

oic...sorry for the misunderstanding....

Me too...never send in my warranty card....i just bought a new CD-writer, a laser printer and a PDA, and i never send back warranty card yet...cos i want to take the risk and wait till the thing spoil then send in....

but not for the DC....cos it is too costly and i can't afford to void its warranty

btw, heard that once u connect to ext flash, the int flash will be disabled rite? so how the camera do pre-flash?

since your int flash spoilt, your DC cannot fire pre-flash rite? so are there any different?

Originally posted by kamwai

btw, heard that once u connect to ext flash, the int flash will be disabled rite? so how the camera do pre-flash?

since your int flash spoilt, your DC cannot fire pre-flash rite? so are there any different?

Yes.. int flash is disabled, the camera does not do a pre-flash. The flash depends on it's own light sensor to determine amount of flash... since it is not TTL, it takes a lot of trial and error... and experience with the unit to gauge the correct settings (using manual mode mostly, unless it's fill flash)

:rbounce: i havent sent in any warranty in before.. usually i'll just show them the receipt, evne if it's like 10 months after purchase, did that with my Nomad 2... my dad did something like this with his Voice recorder or HP once too...

Originally posted by mfo
:rbounce: i havent sent in any warranty in before.. usually i'll just show them the receipt, evne if it's like 10 months after purchase, did that with my Nomad 2... my dad did something like this with his Voice recorder or HP once too...

errr.. if you don't have a receipt???

haha i also never send...its somewhere around i think....

Status
Not open for further replies.