Sony 2500mAh AA Rechargables

Status
Not open for further replies.

felixker

Feb 24, 2006
51T1QABE2PL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I'm using this for around 2-3 years. When I charge, sometimes the charger blinks and doesnt charge. Wonder why.

There's no manual that came with it!

BTW, is there any life span for the batteries. I charged them < 100 times, I'm sure.

And, is there any batteries that anyone would recommend?

I bought a bunch of these. BIG MISTAKE! They discharge really quickly when not in use. They are worse than GP batteries with lower ratings.

The Sony "Stamina" batteries are great for flashes. But the normal ones are just plain... normal. :p

I bought a bunch of these. BIG MISTAKE! They discharge really quickly when not in use. They are worse than GP batteries with lower ratings.

Totally agree. I think I'm changing a brand of batteries. This is just too lousy.

Totally agree. I think I'm changing a brand of batteries. This is just too lousy.

I'm going out to buy now. Update this in awhile.

Read all the other rechargeable battery threads...

U'll find out which are reccomended.

I would think sony's site should have a manual online for both batteries and charger... did you check if it might be a charger problem rather than a battery problem?

Rechargers usually have a slightly higher power draw (high impedance) when charging... if you have overloaded a multiple socket, there might not be enough to push a current through to charge the batteries.

Hope this helps!

Actually i also using the sony batts for some time already, and i also had the same problem of blinking orange light when i put all four in. Wat i did in the end is to charge each batt separately, could it be because of memory effect?

I meant memory effect as in because every battery has different capacity due to memory effect and thus we could not charge all at same time? Thus resulting in the blinking orange light without charging?

Hey, the manual stateed that when it's blinking, the batteries are expired. After al, it's been 2-3 years.

Today, I was at the shop and the person recommended Camelion. I think I saw PowerEX, but I don't know if it's good.

I might be getting a Camelion charger and 2pcsx4 eneloops. He doesn't have the original charger for eneloop, so he says I can use any NiMH charger.

I'm very happy with my Sanyo batteries.

DSC00458Small.jpg

Hey, the manual stateed that when it's blinking, the batteries are expired. After al, it's been 2-3 years.

Today, I was at the shop and the person recommended Camelion. I think I saw PowerEX, but I don't know if it's good.

I might be getting a Camelion charger and 2pcsx4 eneloops. He doesn't have the original charger for eneloop, so he says I can use any NiMH charger.

Spend a lil more money and get Maha chargers with PowerEx batts.

It'll last you well.

Sanyo's are notoriously HOT in operation... bad for equipment.

It's probably okay for camera but maybe not for flash. I'm using it on my prosumer camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.