Sometimes things do get ugly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zplus

Mar 16, 2002
Some equitorial, tropical isle
Heh... sitting here in macdonalds and seeing a thread like this.....
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=204462....

Man... I think we can all get a little carried away. See all the post in that thread... I am not justifying the poll nor condoning the OTs... it seems to have grown out of control.

Is this how we want the forum to grow?? Although its kopitiam but I feel that this thread has somehow pushed us all to a lower level. Where is the comaradie among photographers??

I remember very well when I first joined CS (esp the 1st 2 years), all were generally nice and civil and of course all shared to improve our skills. Are these days gone?

;p

I do hope that ugly thread gets locked....

Improve skills yes. Sharing yes.

But I feel that all that had became something like a shadow of the past... :think:

longkangman said:
Yes anytime when you back in SG and jio me for outing. :) :thumbsup:

sure! thanks man :thumbsup:

Zplus: there're still many generous people in CS, so don't worry too much ;)

longkangman said:
Yes to our future. :thumbsup:
Even people remind you, you will start again lor.:thumbsd:

longkangman said:
Yes to our future. :thumbsup:
What future?

Actions that should be taken aren't taken, people targetting people, without fail some must step on others toes.

I only remember the very day I went for a shoot when I was a total newbie and I was given the eye-look-up-down at me.

I also won't forget the day people just treat me as invisible although they were infront of me.

I also won't forget those who've helped me along the way.

I also won't forget those who've been targetting me all the while.

I also won't forget when CS wasn't so political.

I also won't forget people who have gone 'pro' and start looking down on me.

I still remember all my old friends from HWZ. Most of whom they no longer shoot. Sigh.

espn said:
What future?

Actions that should be taken aren't taken, people targetting people, without fail some must step on others toes.

I only remember the very day I went for a shoot when I was a total newbie and I was given the eye-look-up-down at me.

I also won't forget .......

most importantly.

will u forget Mohd Mustafa & Samsuddin?
they brought u the convenience of 24/7 shopping.

Mohd Mustafa Samsuddin Co Pte Ltd
320 Serangoon Rd, Serangoon Plaza S(218108)

145 Syed Alwi Rd, Mustafa Centre S(207704)

Tel:6295 5855
Fax:6295 5866

email: admin@mustafa.com.sg

Zplus said:

Man... I think we can all get a little carried away. See all the post in that thread... I am not justifying the poll nor condoning the OTs... it seems to have grown out of control.

Is this how we want the forum to grow?? Although its kopitiam but I feel that this thread has somehow pushed us all to a lower level. Where is the comaradie among photographers??

I remember very well when I first joined CS (esp the 1st 2 years), all were generally nice and civil and of course all shared to improve our skills. Are these days gone?

;p

Hi Ben,

It is indeed sad to see such threads degenerating into all out slagging at each other. I remember a time in the distant past when most of us were relative newbies, lugging prosumer or PnS cams or SLRs and got together for shoots...damn fun and camaraderie was definitely there. No politics, brand wars or whatsoever.

Time passes, people upgrade, get new gear etc. Forum grows bigger, all sorts of ppl join. I think with the passage of time, people change, and sometimes tend to forget once they were newbies too, and start treating newcomers asking basic questions with derision and scorn. The helpful, sharing spirit that was present at all four corners of the forum has now mostly dissipated and more OT and personal flame posts have surfaced. I do not know what caused this, but yes the forum has changed quite a bit from what it was two or so years ago. (for the worse?)

But still I am glad to observe there are still many generous and kind folks around in CS, just that they aren't that active around here sometimes.

But on the whole I still hope the forum will change for the better, lets all be more understanding and tolerant of one another, and share what we have learned with all. As one saying goes, "Shoot more, talk less." Cheers to all. :)

Yeh sad to see that as well after giving 2 cents worth of comments and thread degenerated to nothing. Have the mod comes out in fairness to comments on why it is like that and who started all the names calling etc. Does the forum encourage vulgarity. :dunno:

yes true.... but why not look at the positives as well?

there are many helpful ppl in CS and many admirable actions, e.g. LKM caring for the baby bird. recently i have gone on an enjoyable CS outing to ubin organised by ashleyy where there was fun and camaraderie all round.

don't sweat the small stuff and shoot more.

:cool:

It makes me wonder at times, we sometimes cannot forget some really awful things that happen to us. How we are mistreated and so on. But then again, is it really necessary to put up words like "... legal action will be/going to be/ought to be... If u do not substaintiate/backup..."

Do we really want CS to become a sue-happy place where ppl resort to legal action and stuff cos 'we wanna get justice for an injustice'? If that's really so, the countless photographers here who once shot stuff for free and exploited would sue, ppl who flame/had been flamed/was flamed all would be sued.

We all have been seeing threads locked but very few ppl getting banned maybe becos Admins and Mods probably subscribe to the fact of 'give ppl chance' which in fact may be giving too many chances and trolls start to take advantage.

Time to just hit the 'ban user' button instantaneously now?

Zplus said:

;p

common, I think your comments are very unfair. If you really looked at my posting history, I have been avoiding ESPN although he keeps saying trying to bait me with s3 PRO DR comments. I have always treated other people with respect and I never goes into personal attacks or sacasm or insults to win an arguement. Even with ESPN, all I have done is highlight the things he have done and my personal views on it. He gets into arguements, flamewars with OTHER people without anything from me. Usually I just let them be as it is NONE OF MY BUSINESS, like the rest of you.

This time I thought ESPN hit way below the belt. I personally do not know many people in CS, while ESPN has many friends on CS and yet more than 75% of the people (probably the neutrals) felt that such things are not justified.

B4 you start saying my thread is ugly, please note all I did was to highlight the ugliness around CS nowadays. Of course, people will say that I am targeting ESPN because of my "past history".... Is it better if someone else has highlighted this? You do reap what you sow. He is welcome to "target" me., which he will find it rather difficult as I seldom get into flamewars with other people and I do try to be polite and nice to other people.

And if you guys THINK I am trying to highlight every minor thing abt ESPN by searching his MANY comments, think again. Two other flamewar threads just from YESTERDAY...... Yesterday only you know..... one single day.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=204416&page=2
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=203217&page=7

Usually I just don't bother lor... but the threat of legal action is too much, IMHO.

why not just admit most of these guys are kids in adult bodies with egos so fragile they shatter on their own?

you called these exchanges ugly? You haven't seen Guantanamo.

Status
Not open for further replies.