somethings about me and my mask.. shot with the 75-150 Series E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesecake

hi all...

tried my new lens today, the humble little 75-150 f3.5 Series E lens, bought at a bargain from a fellow CSer, slleong.

what to say about this little gem?
i lose all metering with this lens when used on my S2Pro. and i have to manual focus.
its a sharp lens for me, at least. i'm happy with this lens.

here are some photos that i took...

a mask for everyday.. a mask for every mood.. a mask to face the world with.. a Happy me, always
( at least in front of my loved ones and friends... hehe)

technical details..
S2Pro
f14-16
ISO100
Fine WB
Jpeg, Fine.

PSed done: Curves.

001-ez.jpg

002-ez.jpg

003-ez.jpg

the 75-150 f/3.5 series E Nikkor is a hidden gem. often laughed at because it is old. I can only say that its bokeh... is simply one of the best there really is.

you should consider doing some portrait shots with this lens - maybe at 100-120mm. very soft and "creamy" if I might add.

personally, I feel that showing both eyes of the mask would bring about more impact into the picture. they are after all, well painted masks and framing a larger portion of them into the picture would work more for me. =)

yupz, points noted!

be takin my lens out this weekend for a shoot.
i took a no. of photos earlier in the evening and i noticed that its bokeh is very smooth and 'creamy'.

be posting some photos again maybe tomolo when i get to shoot other masks. haha :)

managed to squeeze some time today for a shoot. :)
just a few more photos to add to the list...

i find the masks interesting. :bsmilie:

FujiFilm S2PRo
Nikon 75-150 f3.5 Series E lens.
RAW
ISO 100, f8

06-ez.jpg

I'm so angry today

07-ez.jpg

Sadness lingers on me​

a few more in the series very soon. haha

you nailed it with that first picture! well done! angry and the red! perfect fit and match.

i feel the 2nd pictures is a bit too "standard". Perhaps a different angle would be much better.

75-150 f/3.5 E rules!

slacker123 said:
you nailed it with that first picture! well done! angry and the red! perfect fit and match.

i feel the 2nd pictures is a bit too "standard". Perhaps a different angle would be much better.

75-150 f/3.5 E rules!

yes, the 75-150 is really sharp. i realised it when i blow the photo up to 100%. :)

no USM needed.

'I'm so angry today' is inspired by Zeckson's old avatar. :)

i'll do more shoot when i get the time allowance!

cheers!

I just got myself this series-e lens too :)
Which hood are you using?

Nice way to look at a bunch of masks... nice series! :thumbsup:

Norest said:
I just got myself this series-e lens too :)
Which hood are you using?

hi!

i like this lens. it is sharp if u can focus it well.

i don't think it flares that easily, although i've yet to do serious outdoor shoots with it.

i don't use hoods, preferring to stack Cokin P filters in the front filter thread.
;)

I've always been fascinated by all these colourful masks, your photos have served only to make me appreciate them more, very nicely taken shots. :D

Waffle said:
I've always been fascinated by all these colourful masks, your photos have served only to make me appreciate them more, very nicely taken shots. :D

thank you!!

these masks were bought from an entertainer who had spares from the 'face-changing act'.

these are just duplicates. :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.