Something unpleasant happened @ a shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

NineEleven

Oct 28, 2006
Asia
www.flickr.com
I happened to attend a lingerie shoot today. The reason I'm posting this is because I was utterly disgusted with someone today. A fellow shooter was most enthusiastic & fire off his shots+flash everywhere & anytime. While the models are walking, going to change, posing, adjusting their garments etc.

Otherwise, he was simply all over the whole room, virtually "stepped all over us", gave us no time & space to shoot. There are at least 5 others around & he has no respect for anyone. Everyone else except him were uncomfortable & annoyed. To make things worse, shots were aimed @ genitalia. Yes, obscene & most rude IMHO. He would ask for poses like opening legs..... u know who you are. :thumbsd:

I mean look, i am a male. I like women & pretty things. I appreciate human body, male & female just like I appreciate fine cars, watches, houses, furniture etc. Appreciation & obsession is another thing but acting like a "hungry wolf" is a "beastly" behaviour. :nono:

In fact, I was so disgusted that halfway through, I asked for the model's permission to call off the shoot. She was extremely uncomfortable & what's the point of photography @ other's pain?

I'm not trying to score anything here but I'm sure this will not end here & banning or screening shooters will only work to a certain extend.

I appeal to all organisers & models to have the right to HALT a shoot when the situation calls for it then have a word with that photographer. Expel & refund him if necessary. If the orgainser is/are gals, please seek help with guys that are present, I'm sure some will help/support.

I hope the gals are doing fine, they need to make a living like us but not to the extend of getting exploited & humiliated. It is shameful that some of us don't treat others with respect.

just name dat person lor...:think:

not me not me:rolleyes:

frankly, if it was that obvious and the said organiser allowed the shoot to continue .. then ..erm ... it's :sweat:

I second your action :thumbsup:

frankly, if it was that obvious and the said organiser allowed the shoot to continue .. then ..erm ... it's :sweat:

I second your action :thumbsup:

i wonder which shoot...:think:

anyway, izit rite or wrong if u keep on focusing on a certain area?

there are wolves that do it in the open

there are wolves that do it subtly

there are wolves who want to do it but don't dare, that makes them the same as everyone else.. hee hee hee

so many wolves.........

i wonder which shoot...:think:

anyway, izit rite or wrong if u keep on focusing on a certain area?

you have my blessing if you are a gynae ..... :)

Wonder if this is the Xuesha and Naomi shoot.

whats the point of having this thread without naming the person?

if it is true that he is so annoying to everyone present in the shoot, the more u should name him so next time, if org include him in any future mode shoot, others will have the choice of not joining the shoot, else suffer the same unpleasant feeling u have now.

which shoot ??? u must say it becos we will avoid such.:sweat:

wolves in goat's clothings :eek:

:bsmilie:

well, there are people who like to save jpgs off clubsnap and keep in their computer,

these are the wolves

goats are perfectly safe

ot a bit, when you going to bbb tamron 90mm?? useful for portraits.. <3

hi people, better behave well at shoots ... newspaper reporters or maybe plain clothes policemen maybe be among you ... dun get troubled with the law ... it is not worth it

Last edited:
hi people, better behave well at shoots ... newspaper reporters or maybe plain clothes policemen maybe be among you ... dun get troubled with the law ... it is not worth it

you are right on this. its a wild wild world out there!

Last edited:

unfortunately there are risk takers who may think otherwise. it has happened b4, its happening now, it will also happen in future.

:devil: :devil: :devil:

you are right on this. its a wild wild word out there!

i mean u never know, the fact that newspapers did published such... i am sure some noble folks will complain to police to check out those shoots behind hotel doors... :sweat:

fyi too, if your camera or laptop or any storage media (SD, CF etc) is found with evidence of pronography content by the police, u are doomed under the law...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.