Something to ponder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesecake

wonder if any of u doing fashion shoots, product shoots... etc. ever met any client who 'invite you to send in ideas and sample fotos' first before you actually get to meet the client to discuss the deal?

recently got such an offer from a potential client but i rejected outright.

1). I am not comfortable to show my concept and photo samples of the concept before i get to meet the client to discuss the full details of the shoot(i.e payment wise, budget wise and full scope of work) and of course, to sign a letter of acknowledgment and employment.

2). to safeguard my concept and foto samples(my personal interest) from being leeched and outsourced to a cheaper 3rd party before i even get the project.

anyone faced such requests before?

Did that once or twice in the past, but in the end the client will not revert. So now, if I can't get a meeting to check them out, then there's no deal.

well.... its always a meet first than talk.

you will never know if they have a in-house photographer who can do exactly what you did in your concept shoots thou.

or worst still. the company got its staff to do it.. who happens to surf clubsnap.. hahaha..

well.... its always a meet first than talk.

you will never know if they have a in-house photographer who can do exactly what you did in your concept shoots thou.

or worst still. the company got its staff to do it.. who happens to surf clubsnap.. hahaha..

wa seh! pain! then post in CS get some clowns to do it for free and copy the concept and style. :sticktong :sticktong

but it might just happen.

There are such cheapo "prospective" clients. I'd ignore them.

For my very close, very good clients, it is a different thing altogether.

wonder if any of u doing fashion shoots, product shoots... etc. ever met any client who 'invite you to send in ideas and sample fotos' first before you actually get to meet the client to discuss the deal?

1). I am not comfortable to show my concept and photo samples of the concept before i get to meet the client to discuss the full details of the shoot(i.e payment wise, budget wise and full scope of work) and of course, to sign a letter of acknowledgment and employment.

2). to safeguard my concept and foto samples(my personal interest) from being leeched and outsourced to a cheaper 3rd party before i even get the project.

Send them a CD of blank files and tell them these are your concepts before fruition and actualization.

And tell them they can keep it for future reference and that you'll be flattered If they wish to steal those brilliant concepts of yours. :)

Send them a CD of blank files and tell them these are your concepts before fruition and actualization.

And tell them they can keep it for future reference and that you'll be flattered If they wish to steal those brilliant concepts of yours. :)

:thumbsup: good idea!:bsmilie:

yea i was one of those idiots in the past when desperate about getting clients that i would do anything. hehx.
i guess it's a lesson that one learns along this path.

Well, the truth is, if you're to look at those Govt agency opening jobs for tender, they require you to submit THREE detail proposals/art concepts, if not they won't even consider you.

Even sadder truth is, there are people who are willing to do that, it really shows how much one value their own creative ideas.

Well, the truth is, if you're to look at those Govt agency opening jobs for tender, they require you to submit THREE detail proposals/art concepts, if not they won't even consider you.

Even sadder truth is, there are people who are willing to do that, it really shows how much one value their own creative ideas.

no tender for government job for me so i dun really know how its like... :sweatsm:

u should try then... :bsmilie: :devil: work for garmen.

hmmm...:think: the payment is 30days after the job, right...

most i work with, i stated it is 50% upfront deposit and 50% on C.O.D(cash on delivery).

i like to see and count my money ASAP, dun we all?:bsmilie:

hmmm...:think: the payment is 30days after the job, right...

most i work with, i stated it is 50% upfront deposit and 50% on C.O.D(cash on delivery).

i like to see and count my money ASAP, dun we all?:bsmilie:

some garmen agencies will pay every 2 weeks. :bsmilie:

i like to count money. but its better to see it all being tabulated in the account and when you start to see the Balance increasing ... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.