Something to ponder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
wonder if any of u doing fashion shoots, product shoots... etc. ever met any client who 'invite you to send in ideas and sample fotos' first before you actually get to meet the client to discuss the deal?.......

Since when did photographers become creative directors as well? It's like food photography and food stylists...two different fields usually undertaken by two different people. I dunno...that's my opinion.

Since when did photographers become creative directors as well? It's like food photography and food stylists...two different fields usually undertaken by two different people. I dunno...that's my opinion.

then it is good for u to know, it doesn't really work that way nowadays.

I would have figured the client would have engaged an ad agency or a design company to conceptualize an idea or campaign, not the photographer. We are the guys that excecute the idea.

I must admit, in my younger days, being really eager to please the client and to secure the work, I would share my ideas and concepts openly only to have them use another photographer.

But now I would only get involved when they have a layout and clear concept put on paper and shown when we meet and that I am the photographer doing the shoot.

Any agency who is genuine in using you will only reveal the concept to the photographer they are using for the image. But do understand even after all the planning the client may sometimes cancel the whole project at the 11th hour.

then it is good for u to know, it doesn't really work that way nowadays.

I do know about it. It's just that i don't believe in being a part of it and just accepting it for what it is.

I believe that a photographer should always have some grounding in idea/campaign/CTA conceptualisation and be in the know of current trends in cultural industries. It will help in communication, and that is very vital.

Get them to pay you in coins. :)

.... they paid me in $10 notes before....

its rather irritating to see so many $10 notes...

it its coins... :cry:

but its all money anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.