something that i need to inform all CS members..

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennyong

May 2, 2004
Singapore
there has been pictures of celebs being posted here... and i am fully aware of. However it has come to my personal attention that there are pple who will leech these photographs and reproduce them and sell them as their own.

esp for the photos on the recent Singapore melody awards. on the S.H.E, i have found that there are lots of these photos being circulated in the Fc, Shops and the fc members who happen to be my classmates. I am sure that this photo was copyrighted when i saw it on CS. So i didnt know is that is the photo being sold or was it being circulated illegally...

I am now concern about such copyrights and of course i want to raise this to all of the photographers here. Whether you are the official / Non-official photographers who are taking celebrities photos, i URGE you to watermark + copyright the pictures. i know it will look ugly. but hey... its ur Copyright, and i know u wouldnt want others to make use of ur photos as their own and make money outta it...

i am extremely sensitive to the copyright of my products thats why i dun post. simply because i have been bitten once...

therefore i URGE all CS members to copyright their photos and watermark them... so that pple will not make use of the photos as their own. Pass this around to all Event photographers for Celebrities, and all other photographers who usually post celebrity photographs.

Its your Copyright, Its your Property and its ur Master-piece....

dun let piracy degrade the work of hardworking photographers like us....

Beware !!

something worth mentioning. :thumbsup: same goes for a lot of other stuff.... songs, movies.... the parliament just passed a law or something for all these things - especially when u're talking about the online scene....

jonlou said:
something worth mentioning. :thumbsup: same goes for a lot of other stuff.... songs, movies.... the parliament just passed a law or something for all these things - especially when u're talking about the online scene....
These laws are usually meant for large companies. Small fries are not usually entertained because of economic reasons.

Oh i totally agree with you, we should do something to prevent people taking our pics to either link or worst still! Sell it!

lets us stand up against Photo Piracy !

AReality said:
These laws are usually meant for large companies. Small fries are not usually entertained because of economic reasons.

what makes you say that? law is law. and it applies to all parties, unless it's explicitly stated that it applies only "large companies".

meaning to say, if you have resources to engage a lawyer and want to take the copyright infringment to court, i don't see why you can't do that.

hmmm.. when u haf the $ of course can lor.. y not rite ??

but every work comes with a essence of effort blood and sweat, and its only through Copyright that u can protect your work by being leeched...

The first step in Decimating leechers would be imposing a Copyright Logo on the very centre core of the photo, that makes the photo practically impossible to crop and wad soever..

even if the leecher wanted to reproduce it.. the big copyright thingy will be there..

PLUS !!

if u put the website of CS below the copyright... pple will know that dis pic is actually be leeched from CS.... so... yah la....

Stand Against for Piracy !! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.