Something new from Pentax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's something special. Perhaps it will encourage more to try manual focus :)

Not really lar... It doesn't automate anything.
Plus it has it's limitations too...
Trying it out on the site, I can see at least 2.
The aperture size is already fixed, so you can't change the depth of field. You can only shift it's position.
If you play around with the slider, you will notice that at only one point, the area in focus is really sharp.
I believe that's where the original focus was. So while it does a pretty good job rendering, the 'refocused' isn't as sharp as an original.
Also, for the purpose of marketing, they will put up the photos that worked best on the web.
It may not work out that well for all pictures, so there might be some more work to be done yet...

Still, it's an interesting concept. And I wonder why that guy predicts Pentax as the first company to pick it up.
Not that I'm complaining.... :D

Not really lar... It doesn't automate anything.
Plus it has it's limitations too...
Trying it out on the site, I can see at least 2.
The aperture size is already fixed, so you can't change the depth of field. You can only shift it's position.
If you play around with the slider, you will notice that at only one point, the area in focus is really sharp.
I believe that's where the original focus was. So while it does a pretty good job rendering, the 'refocused' isn't as sharp as an original.
Also, for the purpose of marketing, they will put up the photos that worked best on the web.
It may not work out that well for all pictures, so there might be some more work to be done yet...

Still, it's an interesting concept. And I wonder why that guy predicts Pentax as the first company to pick it up.
Not that I'm complaining.... :D

nice features to have but hope it doesn't push the prices up too much...

Interesting. Thanks for sharing and i like this from what i read (First camera company to offer this new technology? I think it'll be Pentax!):cool:

kind of take the fun out of photography...sooner or later the camera does everything so who is creating the shot or who needs photographers ?

Haha... I agree that the fun would be taken out of photography. I find that its a "good to have" function but can't just rely too much on it. Otherwise, it would really turn DSLR into a big PnS. :)

hello all...

but i read some where on CS this micro lens array has been patent reserved by Nikon. :bigeyes: So only time will tell ya?

anyway i'm not very into this idea... :dunno:

Oh and there was a post about students developing this on CS a while back as well.. maybe they formed the company haha..

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.