Something interesting with Tiger Woods and Nikon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNAG

Jun 14, 2002
Visit site
Hi there, read today's papers in the Sports section..
It seems that Tiger Woods ain't liking photographers... :D

It was reported recently that he had flared up recently with a golf photographer because he (the photographer) had shot TW whilst he was going to take a shot.

The mirror slap and shutter slap had reportly distracted his concentration, and his shots were way off.

This happened to him as well during the British Open this July, and he was so pissed with not 1, but 2 photographers, that he used the f*** word on them...

Now... Isn't Nikon the official camera for the British Open? ;p

Think it's high time for them to throw their F5s/F100s or what not... and get something quieter, perhaps a Hassablad? (I'm not sure as to which cameras have very quiet shutter slap, so that's for you guys to help! :D)

Originally posted by SNAG
Hi there, read today's papers in the Sports section..
It seems that Tiger Woods ain't liking photographers... :D

It was reported recently that he had flared up recently with a golf photographer because he (the photographer) had shot TW whilst he was going to take a shot.

The mirror slap and shutter slap had reportly distracted his concentration, and his shots were way off.

This happened to him as well during the British Open this July, and he was so pissed with not 1, but 2 photographers, that he used the f*** word on them...

Now... Isn't Nikon the official camera for the British Open? ;p

Think it's high time for them to throw their F5s/F100s or what not... and get something quieter, perhaps a Hassablad? (I'm not sure as to which cameras have very quiet shutter slap, so that's for you guys to help! :D)

It's not done at golf tournaments to take shots within audiable distance of the golfe when they are making a shot. This is one of the reasons why most professional golf photographers use big, expensive long lenses.

Besides, who said the photographer was using Nikon, just because an event is sponsored by Nikon (or Canon for that matter) doesn't mean that the photographers have to use the sponsors gear :devil:

In most cases the only requirement is that the photographers wear the sponsors vests or caps etc.

Leaf shutters (eg: copal etc) are the quietest of the lot, and the quietest cameras are TLR's of the non view camera types.

Originally posted by Ian

It's not done at golf tournaments to take shots within audiable distance of the golfe when they are making a shot. This is one of the reasons why most professional golf photographers use big, expensive long lenses.

Besides, who said the photographer was using Nikon, just because an event is sponsored by Nikon (or Canon for that matter) doesn't mean that the photographers have to use the sponsors gear :devil:

In most cases the only requirement is that the photographers wear the sponsors vests or caps etc.

Leaf shutters (eg: copal etc) are the quietest of the lot, and the quietest cameras are TLR's of the non view camera types.

wow..
If that's the case, then I think the photographer should deserve to be scolded.. :)

I didn't know about the sponsor's thing though..
:devil: :devil:

Yes, pretty poor really. There is a professional etiquette to shooting golf like most other things. I wonder what Becks would do if you ran out to jab a fisheye in his face as he was lining up to take a freekick.

Actually, forget Becks. Try Roy Keane on for size.

Originally posted by Jed
Yes, pretty poor really. There is a professional etiquette to shooting golf like most other things. I wonder what Becks would do if you ran out to jab a fisheye in his face as he was lining up to take a freekick.

Actually, forget Becks. Try Roy Keane on for size.

Sees images of one photog covered in his own blood with a camera body protruding from clacker after passing through his mouth and stomach.

They ought to use a Leica!

Originally posted by sriram
They ought to use a Leica!

Actually, Leicas are not the quietest (though Leicalites would love to think so). :)

My informal tests with a Hasselblad Xpan and Red Dawn's M6 in a coffee joint shows that the Xpan, even with it's motor winder is quieter. Possibly because the M6 has a higher pitched shutter sound.

I remember reading the quietest one is one of the Konicas (forgot if it's Hexar AF or RF)..... also read somewhere the Oly OM1 has the quietest shutter among SLRs.

Regards
CK

Beachboy said:
use digicam better:thumbsup: :bsmilie:

Agreed ... can even record the sound effect .. :bsmilie: Later just download a snap view in the video can liao .. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.