Something interesting on the 350D..

Status
Not open for further replies.

itisnottheend

Jan 10, 2005
"Digital Rebel XT review delayed

I have bad news, folks. Due to an unexpected finding, the Digital Rebel XT review has been delayed indefinitely. To make a long story short: Canon shipped me the body-only version of the Rebel XT, without a lens. I moved the 18-55 kit lens from my EOS-20D over and shot most of the test photos with that. As reported in the excellent review of the Rebel XT over at Digital Photography Review, the old kit lens (that my 20D has) and the new kit lens (that I don't have) have noticeable differences in image quality. Thus, I don't feel that it's fair to post the Rebel XT review using the old, inferior (in most areas) kit lens. I am going to try to get ahold of the new kit lens, even if I have to buy it, to give the camera a fair review. That means more work for me, and a delay for you. I apologize for the delay, and I'll try to finish the review as soon as possible. "

Quote from DCResource website today.

comments anyone?.. :dunno:

itisnottheend.org said:
"Digital Rebel XT review delayed

comments anyone?.. :dunno:

Just read the Dpreview one lor, or wait a few days. itisnottheend oftheworld if DC resource delays its review.

alamak thanks for the compliment!...itisnottheend indeed

but i think you miss my point...being that the differences in the lens kit as vs that of the 300D, contrary to what popular belief that there isnt.

now what is it with this lens kit that can bring out whatever improvements in 350D?..conversely, what is it with the 300D lens kit that it CANT?!

He has a high professionalism in his work. Anyway, it is also better to give a correct review of the equipment then just to rush and submit.

Cheers
John

professionalism is one thing...catch is another..

this thread is funny but dunno why it doesn't make me laugh...
any comments? :dunno:

itisnottheend.org said:
alamak thanks for the compliment!...itisnottheend indeed

but i think you miss my point...being that the differences in the lens kit as vs that of the 300D, contrary to what popular belief that there isnt.

Ha ha! I see. No comment on the lens.

Strange, even Canon commented that it was nothing more than a cosmetic difference between those 2 lenses.

...PRECISELY my point!...

Status
Not open for further replies.