Something better, but cheaper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallaperture

Jan 5, 2004
Catchment Area
Just got a 17inch CRT monitor. In terms of colour, contrast, brightness, it rocks as compared with the best LCD monitor. And at a nice price of only 208 bucks from Sim Lim Sq.

Of course, an LCD monitor looks cool in any office, especially for the receptionist. But for photo viewing and PS, I would anytime go for the CRT monitor. :)

Something cheaper, but better - this is a somewhat rare phenomenon.

Come to think of it, there is another thing - film cameras - these days, you can get a great used film cam for a song and shoot real fabulous pics that are often sharper, more contrasty and better color saturation than digital. Only thing is that well, just not cool la. :confused: :bsmilie:

Not sure what LCD you guys compare to... but I switched from 2 Sony Trinitron CRTs to an Apple 20" Cinema Display (the older acrylic series which I still find better than the current aluminium one) when I actually find it comparable in terms of colour and certainly sharper to boot.

Which 17 model/brand? I'm hunting for 1 that's is DVi compatible.

and which shop?

thanks!

Toshiba & Panasonic (CRT) both gd. Toshiba cheaper dan Panasonic! ;p

What I got is the Phillips 107S6 - cheap and quality good enough for me. But Toshiba and Panasonic, where to get? Doesn't seem to be readily available at Funan or Sim Lim leh.

smallaperture said:
What I got is the Phillips 107S6 - cheap and quality good enough for me. But Toshiba and Panasonic, where to get? Doesn't seem to be readily available at Funan or Sim Lim leh.
Me also using Philips 107S. Still alive and kicking after 5+ years of heavy usage lol. Good stuff. But looking to upgrade soon, perhaps to 19" or 21" CRT monitor, any recommendations which is a good model? TIA!

smallaperture said:

aiya, paiseh ler. tot u guys were refering 2 CRT TV... :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.