Something about rechargable batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking from experiences,
Eneloop cant hold charges for very long nowadays. They are about 9 months old. =(

Yes. It does significantly

Does using the 15mins fast charger lessen the lifespan of rechargable batteries? I heard it from some friend, dunno if it's true or not.

Does using the 15mins fast charger lessen the lifespan of rechargable batteries? I heard it from some friend, dunno if it's true or not.

Chances are good - fast charging uses higher current which heats up the batteries more. If possible use soft charging.

i ALWAYS very soft charge my batts (min 13-15 hours to more than 24 hrs for higher cap batts) and keep a fan on the entire area during charging. Batts are only very very slightly warm after full charging.

Even my ultra cheapo 1300 GP cells that's like ... 5 years old are still going strong. :cool:

Hmm... I'm using Varta 15min Charge-and-Go batteries and charger. Been using them since... 2005, I think. Or is it 2004? Nonetheless, it's been at least 4 years, and they're going strong. They work so well for me that I'm looking to buy more Varta 15min batteries, but I can't find them cheap enough for me to buy another few sets of 4. Anyone knows where to get them?

Anyways, I feel that the convenience and time saved for using 15min fast chargers & batteries trump the cost of retiring batteries after heavy usage. Especially in high-use settings... Of course, you can always buy more sets of slower charging batteries, but I think I'll stick to 15min ones. =)

i ALWAYS very soft charge my batts (min 13-15 hours to more than 24 hrs for higher cap batts) and keep a fan on the entire area during charging. Batts are only very very slightly warm after full charging.

Even my ultra cheapo 1300 GP cells that's like ... 5 years old are still going strong. :cool:

Hmm... i charge in my room which is airconditioned. The batts heats up all the same. Sigh..
I hope the 2hour charger doesnt hurt the batts as much as the 15mins ones.:)

IIRC you can get the Varta quick charge ones at Carrefour.

Any fast charger will put more strain on the batts. Longevity depends on a lot more than just the heat incurred during charging. Regular maintenance is vital. Google for topics like 'How to extend the life of rechargeable batteries' and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.