Something about dry cabinets.

hi. I've a digicabi 30l model. i just got it a few days back and calibrated it to the 12~1 o'clock range that i've found to be the "optimal" position everywhere in the forum.

1) That should give me a reading of around 40~50% rite?

2) And once that value is reached, the yellow/green light in the cabinet should go off rite?

but mine says 38% and the light hasn't been switched off yet. guys, do you have any info why is it like that? thanks

hi. I've a digicabi 30l model. i just got it a few days back and calibrated it to the 12~1 o'clock range that i've found to be the "optimal" position everywhere in the forum.

1) That should give me a reading of around 40~50% rite?

2) And once that value is reached, the yellow/green light in the cabinet should go off rite?

but mine says 38% and the light hasn't been switched off yet. guys, do you have any info why is it like that? thanks

No the lights doesn't goes off. I am assuming 30 digicab is an ad model . The unit will keep running. This thing is analog hence you need to turn the knob to arrive at your desired rh

Can I ask after reaching the desire rh. I put the lens and camera inside. I do understand the rh will change. But I do notice the following day the rh it reach 40+ but awhile later it at 39 or even at 50+.

Last edited:
Can I ask after reaching the desire rh. I put the lens and camera inside. I do understand the rh will change. But I do notice the following day the rh it reach 40+ but awhile later it at 39 or even at 50+.
when the dry cabinet is new, or not being use for sometime, the humidity level is same as the room, it takes some time to reach the preset optimal humidity level, that is perfectly normal.

once you open the door the humidity level will change (goes up), and it take times to settle down again, that is also perfectly normal.

the humidity level in our atmosphere fluctuate, the dry cabinet is not air tight, so the humidity level in the cabinet will also fluctuate if the external changes is very great, like raining, again, this is also perfectly normal.

icic. i got so worry cause i saw 1 of the lens my aunt gave me. the filter got blur like got moisture on the filter

oh okay. then i must have read wrongly in the instructions! thanks for the help =D
The position of the knob depends on a lot of factors and should not be taken as "must be" but rather as starting point for individual adjustments. In a humid environment the dehumidifier has to work harder to achieve a lower level of RH compared to a more drier environment (e.g. when aircon is used).