Someone mind explaining to me what does 35mm equalivant means?

xxdoggyxx

Feb 19, 2010
Right behind you. :P
sorry if theres a spelling mistake...

And also mind sharing that which olympus camera is 35mm equalivant?

both compact and dslr. thanks.

here:

http://www.panoramafactory.com/equiv35/equiv35.html

olympus and all other 4/3 format have 2x crop factor.

this means that if you put a 35mm focal length lens on an olympus camera, it will be equivalent to 35x2 = 70mm in 35mm equivalent terms.

same for 8mm focal length lens, then it will become 8x 2 = 16mm.

the focal length does not change, basically because of the difference in sensor size from 35mm film size, you take a "crop" of the image in the centre, hence the name CROP FACTOR.

if none of this makes sense, please read the link again.

Last edited:
as in the OM Adapter? thanks

Basically it allows you to use a lens orignally designed for film-based OM cameras on digital cameras. You lose auto-focus and have to set the aperture and
focus manually but it works and some manual lenses are cheaper than their modern equivalents. But not much so unless you already have some old lenses passed down to you, I don't think it's really worth the effort.

CLICK ON THE MAGIC BUTTON ABOVE, IT WILL BRING GREAT ENLIGHTENMENT. :rolleyes:

Wah :bigeyes: got copyright on the magic button? this should be made into the default 'Quick Reply' response in CS :)

Wah :bigeyes: got copyright on the magic button? this should be made into the default 'Quick Reply' response in CS :)

no, anyone can use it, i don't care :bsmilie:

the problem is, you will get the anti-google squad on you. :bsmilie: be warned!

no, anyone can use it, i don't care :bsmilie:

the problem is, you will get the anti-google squad on you. :bsmilie: be warned!

who? Bing? :bsmilie:

to TS, suggest you google / bing your questions as you can find more detailed explanations for the type of questions you have right now.