Someone is shooting pellets at me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeppie99

Feb 26, 2002
community.webshots.com
There's this guy, presumably a kid, 2 floors up and the window opposite, firing this pellet or BB gun(owned by many but illegal) at me and my window. When I stuck my face near the window to see what the hell was happening, the idiot continued firing but he wasn't a very good shot so he missed. But the intent was there nevertheless. I've got my digicam ready by the window and once I hear the shots the next time, I plan to snap him.

Do I have a case with the police? Wolfgang?

possible, especially if the offending item contains firepowder.

if i'm not mistaken, any amount of firepowder is against the Firerms Act.

Personally I think you should make a police report.

This kid is obviously harassing you! If I were you, I am definitely on the way to the NPP to make a report. What's more, he is using an illegal item to create nuisance.

Originally posted by sehsuan
possible, especially if the offending item contains firepowder.

if i'm not mistaken, any amount of firepowder is against the Firerms Act.

i think those gun use compressed air..

i have seen some young bengs (not really young...about 15 years old liao)

play these guns on a CROWDED bus...and some passenger were shot.

somemore these guns LOOKS so real that anyone will mistaken them as real gun

I think i read somewhere that illegal possession of BB guns can land one behind bars. Not very sure though.

these BB gun although only uses compressed air.. they can kills!

not only at close distance...even at 5-10m also can kills depends on the strength

in Hong Kong, there was a case where a girl was sitting on a bench in a park, and some kids were playing these guns and she was shot in the head accidentally and died.

in HK these guns are not illgel...when i was young i have a friend who own a few of those guns that made of metal and they looks like real in terms of looks and weight....tried it at some coke can and they are really powerful

If he's indeed using a compressed air gun, then you should try to alert the police before he actually hurts/kills someone, be it intentionally or not. Compressed air gun are illegal in Singapore as far as I know.

I used to have a couple of them when I was back in the states (they are freely available in most department stores and are sold as 'toys' in USA). At a longer distance, it is still powerful enough to put a deep dent into my wooden wall (and I'm only using paper cutting BBs and not the tougher varieties). It's definitely lethal at closer range.

KS

may be you can go over to his place and report to his parents first before going to the police........give that kid a chance.;)

definitely MUZ report 2 police. as many others reiterated b4 tis, compressed air guns CAN kill!

Originally posted by jesser
may be you can go over to his place and report to his parents first before going to the police........give that kid a chance.;)

Good idea, however, should check maybe the parents are the ones who bought the gun for the kids.... they should definately know it is illegal and must have smuggled it thru the airport, causeway or port.

Personally, I would advise make a police report.

well even a spring-based gun is painful... had a pellet of flesh from my hand come off at about 30cm shot...
well some punks are using firecrackers too... last night got one KRAK! macam shotgun...

thanks guys. i have personally played with some of these guns before and i know their power, but i do not shoot at people.

if i report to the police, will they come and search the house for the gun? it seems a little 'small case' for them to come down, and what if they dun find it? i REALLY wanna report this case and i'm pretty pissed abt it to go to his parents and tell them about it, u know parents, they rather trust their precious kid rather than a stranger. so if he says he hasn't been shooting, then to them, he hasn't.

If you are planning to catch the little bugger in action on your window with your DC, watch it, least he accidentally damage the cam or worst, your face

file a police report.

now my options are 1) try to catch him with my DC. 2) just report the little prick.

what say you guys?

Originally posted by yeppie99
now my options are 1) try to catch him with my DC. 2) just report the little prick.

what say you guys?

snap him with your camera (make sure you're not hurt first!), then report to the parents. if parents aren't convinced, call in the cops.

I agree with Jesser. Talk to the parents first. I think the main issue here is the legality of such guns. If it is indeed illegal, then I seriously think the parents were ill-informed to have brought it in.

If talking with the parents fails, then let the police do the talking. ;)

:Later,

owning even non-firing replicas is a serious offence involving jail time in Spore. call in the police and you won't get a mere slap on the wrist. I remember the RJC student a couple years ago who had his life ruined when a few construction workers he was stupidly shooting at with a BB gun, called in the cops. Serves him right IMO.

Even the stunt prop dummy guns in TCS serials are modified and registered with police.. which gives you an idea of how severely replica guns are viewed here.

the dumb kid wants to smuggle in a replica for secret collection...up to him. He starts shooting in public... call in the cops to catch that ****head and pack em to juve jail...I have no sympathy

Status
Not open for further replies.