some1 was injured at the zoo today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klsss

Sep 30, 2002
USA ( upper serangoon area)
Visit site
went to the zoo this mornin , pass by the white tiger area , saw two guys shootin them with canon Dslr 70-200f2.8 .

luckily i decided to start with the Lion, when i got back was told and saw channel news asia there covering the news,
the whole place was covered up . two photograher n a kid was injured by a tree trunk fallin down

anyone know who they are ? i hope they are ok .

hmm i was there this morning also i saw some keepers on bikes riding their bikes at full speed then i surely know something happen.then on the way out i saw a ambulance going off.hmm do not know whether true or not.but i hope those that are injured are okie

omg i was there today too! but i only saw some pple clearing the branches and leaves...tot it was juz some routine stuff

Three people were injured when a tree at the zoo's white tiger enclosure fell on spectators.

A 9-year old boy had a suspected arm fracture, while his parents were under observation at the National University Hospital.

The family has since been discharged.

This is likely the first time visitors to the zoo have been injured, not by its animals but a fallen tree.

A tall tree from inside the white tiger exhibit fell just after 11am and injured a boy and his parents who were on the bridge at that point in time.

The boy is said to have left for the hospital with blood all over his body.

CEO, Wildlife Reserves, Asad Shiraz said: "The ambulance was called immediately. The first concern we had was for the injured. Of course the other concern was the tree came down in a relatively dangerous animal enclosure. We were keen to get the animals inside."

Visitors near the enclosure were shocked to see the tree falling towards them.

Some were more worried about the tigers climbing out through the fallen tree.

Jared Quek who was at the place when the incident occurred, said: "This tree actually formed a perfect bridge from the enclosure to where we were standing. We're afraid the tigers would cross over. One of them was quite agitated. He wasn't crossing but running very fast around the enclosure."

Added another visitor, Kenneth Low: "When we were there, an old man was fanning us off. He was saying he was keeping guard, to watch whether the tigers are coming over. While the zookeepers are making their way there."

Clement Cheng who was aalso at the location, said: "They couldn't lock up the tigers because when those zoo keepers came, they were just trying to clear the tree, push over the tree to one side so that the tigers couldn't cross over."

The Zoo said it does weekly checks on all trees and is perturbed by the incident.

Investigations are underway to determine how it could have been uprooted in perfectly good weather.

Wow.. that was terrible.. Can't imagine how I will feel when I am at the scene. Maybe I might be afraid that the tiger will cross over too. Luckily none did. Can't imagine what will happen if they did.

This was a close shave. Had any of those white tiger 'escaped', the news may be not have been just a case of injured and hurt ..... thank God none of them crossed over.

Hope the kid & his folks are ok too.

ohh gosh..this is really bad news...hope the family is alright...i just visited zoo on thursday for a sight visit, to hold our company event there...i guess with this news, pple are more relunctant to visit there liao...headache...

Originally posted by West_ray
Spore trees like cannot tan han heavy rain like tat sia ... keep falling ...

usually it was termite attack. Attack untill the tree trunk got weak and can fall easily when wind blow.

anyway this wasn't the 1st time.

any1 took any photos of the event? perhaps can post it here?

Sigh, thats the kinda morbid fascination that makes people slow down on the expressway and watch car accidents.

was there with Mike!

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38282

A freak accident abt 1-2 min after the last shot... a big tree fell, almost got killed or seriously injured! Lucky I spotted the cat looking unusually UP! I just tried my best to get away as fast as I can. Miraculously, I managed to escape pretty much in 1 piece, just some bruises and a broken glasses.

My 70-200 IS L + 1.4x + D60 and 550EX on an Acratech Ultimate head and Gitzo 1325G basically got hit by one of the main branch... luckily none is damaged, just some scratches on the hood and a minor paint chip on the 70-200, the Wimberley plate.

Mike's 1325G and Acra Swiss also got hit, but escaped undamaged, minor paint chip on the clamp.

Two person did get injure but thank god not really serious!

The zoo keepers and the passer-by did their best to help... no picts of the accident, was trying to get the two injured person out and getting someone to call for help... and later, was evacuated (the whole area was sealed of) as the fallen tree can be used as bridge by the tigers! Thank god again, two of them were in the water, and the other sleeping while this happened...

This is so freaky! Still a bit shock myself... pretty glad escaped in 1 piece.

It was a calm sunny day. Guess the tree might have got strike in yesterday heavy rain or something that, it did rain pretty heavily the day before.

P.S. Was crazy the whole afternoon checking my lens~IS and AF lens chart test... nuts, everything seem A-OK, but will get Canon to check it on Monday to be safe. Anyway, will be hearing from the zoo, this Monday on damages claim.

Originally posted by MrBig
that some1 is me lor :gbounce:

You're the one with the kid? Heard from the zoo personnel, your nose bridge got broken? Hope it's ok now.

Status
Not open for further replies.