Some unprofessional film portraits to share:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equatorer

Aug 25, 2007
nus
Flavia is enjoying holiday in her home in cheng du now, she wants to wish you guys a merry christmas;)

We went to punggol beach early this month and I tried my new MZ-5N with a roll of kodak gold 100 on her:bsmilie: she just developed and scanned it in china and send this few back to me, got many more but seems she's unhappy with them so we cannot see now lah:dunno:

Very unprofessional film portrait attempt, just to share;)

31 ltd, in suntec
06170001.jpg

@ punggol mrt station
06170004.jpg

this one quite natural, with 77 ltd
06170005.jpg

tried this with sigma 24mm, dunno how to use wideangle on portrait, wanted to lengthen the legs but actually shortened them:confused:
06170013.jpg

@punggol beach, with 77
forgot what aperture i used, can the DOF be even shallower?
06170026.jpg

a few exposures left to the second day, somewhere in school
the light on the face seems a bit too harsh, my fault:sweat: but i kinda like the lighting in her eyes.
06170029.jpg

Most people forget that photos are very personal things, which when viewed bring back memories others cannot associate with. I'm sure yr friend will have a great holiday.

You have captured some good shots and areas of Singapore. Composition is good but film is a tricky thing to PP unless you have the facilities. Scanning to digi can be even more troublesome:thumbsup:

Flavia is quite photogenic ;)

Maybe I am not as particular but the portraits look good to me. You may think they are "faults" but I think some of these deviations simply give the shots some character. Some photographers may even plan them into the shots intentionally. I like the shot with the flowers.
I think I saw Flavia in one of the meetup group photos. What nick does she use here?
:)

Last edited:
very nice photos! nice naturally model too! ;) very refreshing indeed.

Excellent pictures bro. :thumbsup:
One posing tip is to vary the camera height relative to the subject. ;)
Thanks for sharing these with us.

These film photos have a nice flavour not commonly seen. Good job!
I think she photogenic enuff be our local advertisement model for Pentax. With the Pentax SLR she's holding, can picture it with the slogan "Be Interesting"

Seems like the Sigma 24mm performs poorer than the Pentax limiteds, looking at the LRT photo....the edges of the rails...seems like a bit of CA creep on the right side of the rails. I'm nitpicking here!

Very nice pictures bro. :thumbsup:. Thanks for sharing.

just want to say your thread title doesn't sound good. your photos deserve more credit than that. "non-professional" might be a better word. "unprofessional" like got bad connotation. maybe just remove "unprofessional" might be best. ;p

but hey..thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nice work, You are so humble. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe I am not as particular but the portraits look ok to me. You may think they are "faults" but I think some of these deviations simply give the shots some character. Some photographers may even plan them into the shots intentionally. I like the shot with the flowers.
I think I saw Flavia in one of the meetup group photos. What nick does she use here?
:)

she's not registered yet, maybe too shy to post, you guys give her more encouragement in the outings later on lor;)

Thanks for all the kind comments!
I still prefer digital for portraits, looks much smoother, but the grains here do give some classic feel, hehe

Nice work, Joseph. Next time you can try some black and white on her. I think b&w works better for portraits w/ film :)

makes me feel like getting some film to try again with the FA Ltds... thanks for sharing, Joseph! And don't really need to put 'unprofessional' ... most of us are hobbyists right, and CS isn't exactly a place just for professionals to share pictures... ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.