some scanning issue that need your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
2 questions for you guys

1: Is the parrot picture too dark ?
parrotkissing.jpg

2a: This little bird is without any color correction.
humming.jpg

2b: this is WITH color correction.
humming_c.jpg

1: Is the parrot appear in your screen?
2: Which one do u prefer? 2a or 2b?

TIA.

the third one is ok, but how come your scanner exibit a funny noise pattern ? or is that a cage in the background ?

Yes, the parrot appears on my screen.
2b is the more accurate picture.

Helps a lot if your monitor is calibrated - and no, Adobe Gamma is not 100% accurate ;)

all the pictures look underexposed to me ...

u can use the curves to make it brighter

IMAGE > ADJUST > CURVES

Originally posted by rueyloon
the third one is ok, but how come your scanner exibit a funny noise pattern ? or is that a cage in the background ?

ya, cage at backgroud.

btw, is the parrot appear dark on your screen?

tia.

Agree with megaweb, your pics a tad too dark. A little bit of adjustment with the curves (or levels) tool in Photoshop to bring up the midtones would be good.

the pictures look ok (within the range of tolerance), could be brighter, but wouldn't say they're underexposed? someone go and buy a colorvision spyder and maybe post some 'properly calibrated photos' and from the reference we can adjust our gamma ;)

Looks better

Originally posted by erwinx
the pictures look ok (within the range of tolerance), could be brighter, but wouldn't say they're underexposed? someone go and buy a colorvision spyder and maybe post some 'properly calibrated photos' and from the reference we can adjust our gamma ;)

fully agreed.....not point ask around for exposure issue via attachment pic....every monitor adjustment is different. I got 2 PC and i even got hard time to adjust the 2 monitors to exhibit the same color, brightness, contrast pattern.....and also the printer...totally gave up !!

Status
Not open for further replies.