Some rumours from a reliable source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by ckiang
Yes, there's only one D100 or S2 Pro. So there's nothing in that same price range to 'upgrade' to. But yes, the number of 10D users is plain crazy....

Regards
CK

yeah, so they have to upgrade to d1x or change system :)

The increased number of canon dslr owners has the side effect of very active 2nd hand market . 1 day old 550EX, 1 month old 10D, unopened 1Ds...

Originally posted by erwinx
yeah, so they have to upgrade to d1x or change system :)

The increased number of canon dslr owners has the side effect of very active 2nd hand market . 1 day old 550EX, 1 month old 10D, unopened 1Ds...

Oh yes definitely. Those were the fickle ones. Hopefully they don't change girlfriends/wifes like that. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Regards
CK

Any one has got updated info on EOS3D ? Thx.

It was supposed to be released together with the 300D, but wasn't.

Further rumours say early next year, in time for the 2004 Olympics.

today is October already...rumors... :bsmilie:

i think it ended up as the 300D and sat somewhere between the 10D and the G3 instead. :bsmilie:

probably canon figured that it doesnt need a camera between 10D and 1D....
or....
the marketing department decided to screw things up after a late night drinking session before the key meeting.

Nobody at Canon screwed nothing up. I predict Canon will release an EOS4D body with 8fps and 16mp which many people in dpreview are also predicting. I hear it will be out by Sept 2003. Also planned to be released at about the same time is an EOS 150D at a S$250 price point, with 5mp.

Oh no, Canon must have screwed up!

I think not.

The original post is a good reflection of the author too (not Wai, the person he quoted).

The Kodak 14n is a joke? Sorry, on hindsight, that's absolute rubbish. The marketing was a disaster, but the camera itself quite certainly isn't.

The E1 isn't as easily dismissed as an E20 with detachable lenses and a grip. If so, an EOS1Ds is just a 1v with drastically reduced frame rate, a crippling buffer, and a digital back. Nothing much to write home about.

And Sigma lenses being noisy. He misses the point of usm style motors altogther. Specifically, speed of focusing. The HSM motors may not be as silent as the USM offerings, but they are quiet enough for 99.9% of the uses out there. Especially when you actually have to shoot a frame with your SLR after the focusing part, as opposed to some people who evidently just let the focus rack from inifinity to minimum focus and back again, and again, and again... and massage their equipment whilst doing so.

kongg said:
Ooops I see pple burning a big hole in their pockets YET AGAIN.

It's all part of the Kwanon masterplan to seperate the punter from his or her money... fools!

That is all I see Kwanon do. Good marketing, great money suckers, mediocre products, copying but rarely provide real technical advantage. It seems to attract people who like to do what Jed describe; "mine is bigger than yours". Phallic symbol indeed!

ooooooooooooo

its been a long long time since I've last read a C vs N war on CS~

ah...memories~

lol.. C vs N debates is just so fun huh. :)

ckiang said:
Yes, there's only one D100 or S2 Pro. So there's nothing in that same price range to 'upgrade' to. But yes, the number of 10D users is plain crazy....

Regards
CK

Sure makes a nice secondhand market for lenses, though...

Wait till you start counting the number of 300D users...

Status
Not open for further replies.