some really noobie pics for comments :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebbot

Mar 24, 2005
noobie pics :embrass: hehehe no PS and cropping done...straight from cam a couple of months ago

188353.JPG

Sydney Bridge

188352.JPG

Sydney Opera House

188351.JPG

Close-Up of Bridge

not sure is it my screen, but ur pics seems kinda under..

ok, some comments here, (me no pro anyway)

#1 - not bad, i like how u managed to capture the person at the front to enhance the size of the bridge, quite nicely done. =) your sky is a bit dull imho.

#2 - not much comment on this, but i would prefer it to be a tighter crop. looks like a normal frame and shoot. :wink:

#3 - i somehow like the way u compose this pic, again, the pic seems a bit under to me.

cheers~

rebbot said:
noobie pics :embrass: hehehe no PS and cropping done...straight from cam a couple of months ago

Hi rebbot,

It's ok you didn't postprocess yr pics. That's not your objective is it?

May I suggest that cropping be done in the viewfinder/LCD instead of after the fact?

The closeup of the coathanger is most impactful, to me at least. The other 2 shots work better as ordinary snapshots.

Perhaps you'd like to ask yourself what kind of shots you'd like to take?

Arcanic - Thanks for ya comments :) actually the first two pics were only a ordinary snapshot...just so happens that a guy was there so I decided to frame him in too

I was using a ixus v3 else I would have used a CP filter for better effects mebbe :) cheers~

Hewland - I like taking landscape and travel pics when I go overseas :) some casual snapshots here and there yeah will do my cropping in the LCD from now on hehehe

another one for fun

188354-med.JPG

Waterfall

wow... looks like a really lovely place to be man! *envy*

u seem to really like to frame pp in ur pic... (nothing wrong with that anyway) hehe
hmm... somewhat under to me again... i believe ur cam's metering was fooled by the white that was all around and its under exposed the entire pic... =(

not sure if ixus can adjust ev compensation... if possible, next time u take such a pic, maybe turn the exposure up a stop more... =)

hehehe was in korea last dec and it was like -12 to 13 degrees hahaha no wunder the waterfall froze

well this time I was angry to get that lady in my pic because there were so many ppl around I took a really long time to frame it such that I caught the waterfall only but still...oh well

nope thats the thing the ixus does not seem to let me adjust anything for that matter :( which is why I got a F717 and S5500 for my upcomming taiwan trip hehehe hope to come back with some nice pics

Cheers~

Pic #3

"Sydney bridge is falling down,
falling down,
falling down.
Sydney bridge is falling down,
my fair lady.
"

That sums up what's wrong...

hmmm AReality seriously I dun understand :) mebbe you can explain abit more? I do like to learn more cheers~

rebbot said:

188353.JPG

Sydney Bridge

188352.JPG

Sydney Opera House

188351.JPG

Close-Up of Bridge

These are very nice pictures.... show us more leh ;p

hehehe thanks looking_U will post more when I come back from taiwan next week hope I can get some good pictures of the night markets cheers~

hey you're in taiwan now? Did you go to the 'Shi Lin' night market? It's so happening there :D

I find the night markets in Taipei are almost the same from one to the other one just diff by the layout, food wise also the same... perhaps I am a boring man. hahaha :sticktong

though they are almost the same but the experience I had there 10 years ago is still unforgettable manz!!! esp the 香鸡扒!!!!! yum yum!!
Tasty.gif

sumball said:
I find the night markets in Taipei are almost the same from one to the other one just diff by the layout, food wise also the same... perhaps I am a boring man. hahaha :sticktong

oops nope still in Singapore hahaha I typed wrongly not next week, its next mth end I will be visiting Taiwan, Taipei

yeah sumball I also think alike how different can the night markets be :) but will go shih lin first defintely

cheers~

mmmmm...ummmm..... i feel these pictures are good!
but they are too safe.. seems like you are not playing around enough
....have fun with making pictures!
i think you have an eye for shapes patterns and sillouettes(watever)
you've got your horizon straight and that good!
mmmm before you take a pic..think again.....shuffle around think again and then shoot.

Thanks zig I love architectures and landscapes for some reason hehehe :) They neber fail to amaze me...Actually I took one in Queen Victoria Building...it was kinda sucky as it was messy will post up for comments

cheers once again to all CSers~

hehehe i kinda liked this picture i took on lantau island~ did some cropping

188355-med.JPG

Enemy SPOTTED!

Another one:- :)

188356.JPG

QVB

Hi rebbot, just a word of advice for the photo you took of those icy thingys... dunno..=p, well, if it's possible with your compact, when shooting snow or ice subjects, try not to meter off the ice or the snow...the in camera meter would convert it to 18% grey and would render the lovely white snow or ice, into a nice dull shade of grey. Nxt time you're out there shooting anything with ice snow or white, meter off the back of your hand, which is just about 18% grey (almost like a grey card, if u dunno what it is go search it up somewhere). This would ensure the snow would come up as a lovely white... hope this helps =)

Patryk said:
Hi rebbot, just a word of advice for the photo you took of those icy thingys... dunno..=p, well, if it's possible with your compact, when shooting snow or ice subjects, try not to meter off the ice or the snow...the in camera meter would convert it to 18% grey and would render the lovely white snow or ice, into a nice dull shade of grey. Nxt time you're out there shooting anything with ice snow or white, meter off the back of your hand, which is just about 18% grey (almost like a grey card, if u dunno what it is go search it up somewhere). This would ensure the snow would come up as a lovely white... hope this helps =)
you'll run the risk of over exposure and end up with ONLY WHITE patches of ice blended nicely into the white skies. (His skies are already blown.) The "back of the palm" method doesn't work for everyone simply because everyone doesn't have the same skin tone.

The grey ice is ok.. it's just a matter of post processing to get the correct WB back.

Status
Not open for further replies.