Some questions to be answered

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenant

Apr 8, 2002
collinyeo.blogspot.com
1) Where to get cleaning lens accessories? blower, microfibre cloth, anymore? How much?

2) Where to get 20litres dry cabinet? Carrefour? CP? Do they still have stock? How much? Is there really a need to get a digital hygrometer to double check the humidity?

3) Who to look out for in AP? Description? :D

4) What's the difference between cross screen and star filters?

prices +/-
1) Ruby have. Cloth $5 , blower $4-7, diff sizes
2) Also ruby have... Bout $200, they send to ur place. Forgot how many litres... but it's pretty normal size. Should be bout 20

Originally posted by hazardman
prices +/-
1) Ruby have. Cloth $5 , blower $4-7, diff sizes
2) Also ruby have... Bout $200, they send to ur place. Forgot how many litres... but it's pretty normal size. Should be bout 20

2) siao bo, 20 litres for $200? That's too expensive. 20litres should cost something like 80+?

btw, where is Ruby?

I dunno how many litres..
but i can fit 4-5 camera bodies in it, 5 lenses, photographic paper 4 stacks, bout 3-4 boxes of slides. With still enough space for 3 bodies at least.

ruby is in peninsula shopping centre. U can't miss it... on e left when u enter the entrance to e shopping centre. Juz a few steps away from TCW

Originally posted by hazardman

ruby is in peninsula shopping centre. U can't miss it... on e left when u enter the entrance to e shopping centre. Juz a few steps away from TCW

ok thanx.

i went carrefour then saw the Digicabi 20L one. costs $79.90 but its very samll indeed. a slightly bigger one (forgot the capacity) costs $109. A Digicabi 72L one costs $199. i dunnoe if its good. looking for a decent one myself.

hope that its of some help.

k ;)

Originally posted by yellow_kiwi
i went carrefour then saw the Digicabi 20L one. costs $79.90 but its very samll indeed. a slightly bigger one (forgot the capacity) costs $109. A Digicabi 72L one costs $199. i dunnoe if its good. looking for a decent one myself.

hope that its of some help.

k ;)

thanx

Originally posted by revenant

:rbounce:

5) What kind of external flash are there? Auto, manual? And what it means by slave flash?

6) Cleaning filters is also same as cleaning the camera's lens? Can I just use any cloth to clean the filters?

1) Where to get cleaning lens accessories? blower, microfibre cloth, anymore? How much?

2) Where to get 20litres dry cabinet? Carrefour? CP? Do they still have stock? How much? Is there really a need to get a digital hygrometer to double check the humidity?

1. can get in most cam shops. cathay, ruby etc. for blower dun get those cheapo types. not powerful enuff, imo. can range from a few bucks to ard 10 bucks and more.

2. if u onli got one cam and few accessories, then the 20L one from Carrefour is gd enuff. of course, bigger one can store more things. price is alreadi mentioned in the posts above. for digital hygro, it depends. if u dun trust the reading on the cabinet or wat to double check, u may wanna get one. can be bought at SLT. Giant@IMM also got. price ard 29-33 bucks. there are more expensive ones of course. or u can just borrow from some pple.

3. No pref for me.

4. No difference. Some called it twinkle, star effect, starburst, star flare etc.

Originally posted by chucks

1. can get in most cam shops. cathay, ruby etc. for blower dun get those cheapo types. not powerful enuff, imo. can range from a few bucks to ard 10 bucks and more.

hmm......how cheap is cheapo?

Is there really a need to get a digital hygrometer to double check the humidity?

I didn't buy the digital hygrometer because I felt that it's a little on the high cost, even for a reasonable good one. Furthermore, as with all sensors, it need calibration. Cheap consumer sensors don't have calibration. So the same question applies, how to you know whether the digital hygrometer is accurate? Get ANOTHER hygrometer to double confirm? And the story goes on..

So what I did was I use humidity cards in replace of this meter. The card has indicators of 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 and 55 and 60% RH indicators. The indicator are blue in color and change to pink when the RH it indicate is reached. The cards come in a can of 100. Just remove the individual card from its packaging and leave it in the drybox. Usable, but I usually replace it with a new one every 3 months. This product is actually used for semi-conductor products packaging to keep the moisture in check.

Unfortunately I bought the can in the US. I think I saw similar one being sold in SLS. Can anyone advice further on this for those on the forum who may be interested in getting a can?

hmm......how cheap is cheapo?

cheaper as in those 1-2 bucks one. if possible, try to squeeze it and u wl feel that some of these cannot blow out enuff strong air.

Originally posted by e_liau

I didn't buy the digital hygrometer because I felt that it's a little on the high cost, even for a reasonable good one. Furthermore, as with all sensors, it need calibration. Cheap consumer sensors don't have calibration. So the same question applies, how to you know whether the digital hygrometer is accurate? Get ANOTHER hygrometer to double confirm? And the story goes on..

quite true. especially if u wanna just use it to "confirm", sorta one-off, one time use.

but testing of its accurary can be done.

5) What kind of external flash are there? Auto, manual? And what it means by slave flash?

thanx guys...

:gbounce:

6) Where is the best place to keep my camera other than dry box/dry cabinet? How long do fugus takes to grow on the lens?

6) Where is the best place to keep my camera other than dry box/dry cabinet? How long do fugus takes to grow on the lens?

7) What's pressing down half the shutter for? Record the settings?

7) What's pressing down half the shutter for? Record the settings?

:rbounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.