some questions to ask the pros. digital and darkroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennyong

May 2, 2004
Singapore
Guys and ladies.

recently tried moving into slides and the results are very promising to me so far. at least i havent lost my touch.. :embrass:

however i have some problems recently and i hope i can receive some valuable advices from the experts here.

1) i wanted to achieve a border where by it looks like a flim. (when u walk on the streets, i am sure u will see pple use exposed slides, scanned to a big size and use it as some sort of a decoration. which i think its realli cool.) i tried scanning my velvia, but no avail ? and i hope to add in some BnWs from my portfolio. so it could make my work look alittle more interesting. but hw to get the borders ?? :dunno:

so prolly some help here ??

2) issit possible to scan slides into the computer using normal scanner ? coz i am now using a sucky canon fb310. which is soo ancient. so maybe some advices ?

there are photoshop plugins that do that, search the adobe forums
i have seen more than one, so try and see which one you prefer

ortega said:
there are photoshop plugins that do that, search the adobe forums
i have seen more than one, so try and see which one you prefer

oohhh...... erm. maybe u can tell me the webby ? or i can jus use yahoo and search for adobe forums ??? :embrass:

coz i was looking for the velvia one. which has FUJI RVP on it... hehs.. :embrass:

i am in adobe forums and cant seem to find it ? esp on flim borders ? :dunno:

yah. i found the action tools for the flim borders.. hahaha.. n having fun.

so erm. what about scanning in the slides ? i cant use my conventional scanner rite ?

glennyong said:
yah. i found the action tools for the flim borders.. hahaha.. n having fun.

so erm. what about scanning in the slides ? i cant use my conventional scanner rite ?

you will need a flatbed scanner or you can send it for a drum scan
scan once and use over and over.

can use flat bed scanner ? sure ahs ? i go try now.... coz i cant seem to like scan them in lehs.. nvm i shall try again.. :)

tried already. what i get is a black screen inside. so erm. means cannot ? btw as mentioned i am using canons FB310. i dunnno if can scan negatives. :dunno:

Get a real dedicated film scanner, a normal FB scanner can never show the true quality of slides. :bsmilie:

icarus said:
Get a real dedicated film scanner, a normal FB scanner can never show the true quality of slides. :bsmilie:

brother.. i also know lahs.. tats why.. but erm.. no $ lahs !! sigh.... but onli got one lightbox to view them... :bsmilie:

glennyong said:
brother.. i also know lahs.. tats why.. but erm.. no $ lahs !! sigh.... but onli got one lightbox to view them... :bsmilie:

I tried to scan my 120 slides using my fb scanner and an inverted lightbox... doesn't work as well... so for the time being u have to ask the shop to scan lor... then source for cheap film scanners
:devil:

icarus said:
I tried to scan my 120 slides using my fb scanner and an inverted lightbox... doesn't work as well... so for the time being u have to ask the shop to scan lor... then source for cheap film scanners
:devil:

yah. hmms... maybe i shoot another few more rolls and scan all at once? ahahas. good idea thou...

thanks... i was thinking of getting the nikon one.. but not cheap too..

Status
Not open for further replies.