some questions regarding lcd protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

clearbluesky

Aug 25, 2004
hi ppl i have some things to ask abt lcd protectors. i've been looking around some camera shops and realise that there are those cut exactly to dimensions like 1.5 or 1.8 inches. is it recommended to use these protectors for digicams or should i just get a pda protector and cut it up myself? i also notice that protectors make use of adhesive to stick to the screen. so if i leave a protector on the lcd for some time(maybe say 1 year?), will it leave a sticky residue when i peel it off one day? how do u guys remove lcd protectors too if u're suppose to cut them to fit ur lcd screens(how do u pick a corner out to start peeling it off)? sorry for asking so many questions at one go. thanks! :)

clearbluesky said:
hi ppl i have some things to ask abt lcd protectors. i've been looking around some camera shops and realise that there are those cut exactly to dimensions like 1.5 or 1.8 inches. is it recommended to use these protectors for digicams or should i just get a pda protector and cut it up myself? i also notice that protectors make use of adhesive to stick to the screen. so if i leave a protector on the lcd for some time(maybe say 1 year?), will it leave a sticky residue when i peel it off one day? how do u guys remove lcd protectors too if u're suppose to cut them to fit ur lcd screens(how do u pick a corner out to start peeling it off)? sorry for asking so many questions at one go. thanks! :)

wats ur cam dat u're trying to protect?

IMO, its more convenient to buy the pre-cut ones and stick it on. i haven't seen any out there dat uses sticky tape to stick on the LCD. the ones i see at CP and mscolor uses static to stick onto the screen. however, i've seen some shooters use PDA protectors for protection. guess it shld work just as well. a pack of LCD protectors cost ard $8-$10 at CP.

there's another type that's hardier than ur normal LCD protectors. da protector (http://www.daproducts.com) is a hard plastic piece which u stick onto the LCD with the supplied sticky tape. extremely hardy. so far, only available from US. u have to order online.

thanks for the advice. my camera is konica minolta dimage Xg btw (lcd screen size 1.6 inch)...

can anyone explain how to remove an lcd protector once u stick it on? wouldn't it be quite difficult if it fits nicely on the screen ie. no edges from u to start picking it out from...

Status
Not open for further replies.